PDA

View Full Version : where do you put the speaker?

dbraxton9
01-26-2006, 09:10 PM
if you have a sound unit with the MHS, where do you mount the speaker with the pommel piece where it would normally go?

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Darth Frieds
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Thats a good question. Another would be, would you mount the speaker with the pommel at all wheather its for the MHS or a regular chrome pipe? Would the speaker possibly get in the way of the battery holder? Also, what about the Machined aluminum end caps. They are solid. mounting the speaker to one of those might not work too well. my suggestion would be to drill several small wholes on the side of the tube near the end or further towards the middle of the hilt and mount the speaker there and try to keep it out of the way of any other electronic components. Not sure if it would work since i have never done this but i've been thinking about trying it once i get my supplies

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

Strydur
01-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh, you want something like this? Not sure if I will offer these yet as they are kind of labor intensive.

../scripts/speaker1.jpg
../scripts/speaker2.jpg
../scripts/speaker3.jpg
../scripts/speaker4.jpg
../scripts/speaker5.jpg
../scripts/speaker6.jpg

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
01-27-2006, 05:53 PM
That's pretty cool. Was that actually made from raw sheet and drilled? I bet there'd be a market for perhaps more of a wire mesh type. I bet that is a pain so make.[xx(]

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Juice214
01-27-2006, 05:54 PM
TEASE!

LAN-ED-TUL
01-27-2006, 06:50 PM
aw, tim, what a wonderful contraption you have discovered. that looks so cool. you really need to put those up to sell. i bet you;d sell every one of them.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

dbraxton9
01-27-2006, 07:33 PM
that's excellent. just what we need!
it seems a shower drain cover would be adaptable to this purpose somehow

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Mur-Pa DiLos
01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
That really does look sweet! But I too agree that for your sake the wire mesh might be better and it would be pretty cool looking as well.

Pat

Darth Frieds
01-27-2006, 09:17 PM
that does look good, but what if your using a machined alluminum end cap. i'm gonna be using the style 3.

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

dbraxton9
01-27-2006, 10:58 PM
also, what about the +/- 2" resonance cavity needed to make the speaker sound good (cup your hand over the MR speaker and hear how much better it sounds)?

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Tenric Starkindler
02-08-2006, 09:39 PM
that is just what I was looking for.
I was going to use a plumbing thingy that looks just loke that in the end of my saber so I could mount the speaker like that. Might work and not be so "labor intensive" as I imagine that was.

you could also offer it in pieces to be assembled by the customer?

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.