PDA

View Full Version : A Covered Slide Switch?

Braxus
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey guys
I want to make a slideswitch (Tim's switch 08 more than likely) that is covered kinda like the MR Windu Saber. I have no idea how to make it or really what to use. i was hoping some of you had some ideas or knew a place to buy them if it exists at all.

:)

Novastar
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi Braxus... you could try PVC or even rubber. Buy a few pieces, cut out some sections, and then you'd have to see about good ways to keep it down on the switch, depending on the setup.

If you have a latching slide switch (MR style), it will be easiest, as you could conceivably glue the new plate down over the "handle" of the switch that moves up and down. It should protect the switch too.

I have problems with my favorite latching switches because if the saber is violently dropped... the switch tends to get smashed down, and it will pop out of the metal frame/claws that hold it together with its spring. Messy.

Do-Clo
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi Braxus... you could try PVC or even rubber. Buy a few pieces, cut out some sections, and then you'd have to see about good ways to keep it down on the switch, depending on the setup.

If you have a latching slide switch (MR style), it will be easiest, as you could conceivably glue the new plate down over the "handle" of the switch that moves up and down. It should protect the switch too.

I have problems with my favorite latching switches because if the saber is violently dropped... the switch tends to get smashed down, and it will pop out of the metal frame/claws that hold it together with its spring. Messy.

If you sand down the top of the button on the slide switch to just abouve the hilt you will not have a problem if the saber is dropped.