PDA

View Full Version : first vader ANH 2003 conversion?

Kurosawa
09-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Is it possible to convert this saber into a LUX? if so, anyone have a disassembly tutorial? I know that this saber's switch is near the front of the saber, so i was wondering if this would affect the converison. Help please!

Novastar
09-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Great name, btw... (Kurosawa) heheh

Posting photos might help, although I'm sure some people would know it by the year. I'm going to guess that it WAS/is an LED saber (not EL, electroluminescence)...

One thing is for certain, if you somehow break the leads off of the switch during the deconstruction process... it shouldn't matter much if you know how to solder and can reconnect the wires.

Finally, if the switch somehow prohibits you from using that same switch for the conversion... I'm sure there are other sneaky ways to install a different switch elsewhere without too much trouble.

DACOTA
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Actually I tried this before.It was all perfect except the tight space between the wires for the switch and the vader kit,I think if you take a dremel and cut a vertical groove in the kit on the outer side wall the wires can lay in there and the whloe thing can work,but the stock batt pack sticks out about and inch so you could either get a stock luke mr pommel or just hook up a 4 AAA batt pack sold here from tim.
Hope that helps.

Strydur
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I have done a few by customizing the Mace kit to work. I have converted some to LED and left some as EL with 3/4" removeable blades. The only hard part about taking it apart is getting the screw cover to pop off which is right below the switch.

Kurosawa
01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
How exactly did you customize the mace kits?

JediRich
09-20-2015, 11:23 PM
How exactly did you customize the mace kits?

BUMP

I'd love to know more about this as well!

Sarich
09-21-2015, 06:59 AM
That's a seven year long bump.

JediRich
09-21-2015, 03:27 PM
That's a seven year long bump.

A guy can dream