PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a Newbie

Crow
09-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Hello I’m new here and I signed up because looking through here, this is the best place to find the answers for my questions, and I have a lot of questions. First, does anyone know how to take apart the old MR Luke ANH Lightsaber? A few LEDs in the Blade need to be repaired and I think I can do it by myself if I could just get hilt opened. I have already repaired a Mace Windu MR Lightsaber it was pretty simple once I got the hilt opened. I would like to eventually convert them both to a K2 system but I just spent a lot of money on some costumes and that is going to have to wait.

Second, I am looking into making, a custom lightsaber or getting one made. I want something similar to the Obi Won ROTS Version with some modifications to the lower half. The emitter and thin neck underneath it seem to lead me to a EL blade but I would really like a K2 LED and a blade similar to the “LED "Corbin style" Battle blade” but with an El blade diameter(3/4") as opposed to the 1” diameter. Can this be done? And if not with a battle blade could it be done for a display blade? I really don’t want to have to sacrifice the look of the hilt for the look of the blade. If I do end up having to go with an EL Blade is it possible to get the sounds and motion sensors in with it? The tutorial I saw did not seem to leave any room for that.

I know that’s a lot of questions but any help that I could get on any this would be greatly appreciated. Especially how to open the Luke ANH hilt I’d like to have that fixed for Halloween.

Thank you.

supertrogdor
09-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Read first, ask questions second. Disassembly instructions are here in the forums, as are the answers to all of your other questions and more. Use the search feature, read the FAQ, then when you have more specific questions as to how do i do part X of process Y, then is the time to post questions.

Crow
09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
First, thank you supertrogdor, for being the first and only one to reply so far, but unfortunately your answer was of no help. It was also a bit unnecessarily rude too. I DO read first, and I have already gone though the FAQs, I’ve had my eye on these forums (and this online store) for quite some time now. After searching around this and other sites and still not finding what I am looking for, I then decided to sign up here because the people here seemed to speak the most intelligently about making and converting lightsabers. Now where as I have seen disassembly instructions for just about every other MR FX Lightsaber out there, I have not found one for the Luke ESB Lightsaber (I called it a ANH version but I guess I was wrong). I have not found what I was looking for any of my other questions either or else I would not have asked them. I’m not some little kid who is looking for a free handout, I’m an adult that has done some footwork of my own looking for these answers but I have not found them, so now I’m asking for Help that’s all. My apology if you did not intend to be so rude but, this is a welcome page for new visitors and when everyone else in the welcome page gets Hellos and Welcomes, when I get “Read first, ask questions second.” It’s not too warm a greeting.

Anyway, I scoured the Forum again today just incase I missed these answers using the search feature like you suggested to no avail. Just popped up with the same forums I already read. With a total of 62,947 articles on this forum to look though, if my answers are here, it’s no wonder that I am having trouble finding them. So if anyone happens to know a bit more specifically where to look for answers to any of my questions above, or would happen to have a link that’s better then the tutorial with the guy that does not know what he’s doing and said that he broke some parts taking it apart (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.0). I would greatly appreciate it.

The other Tutorials that I did find on here were great. I took apart my Darth Vader lightsaber last night while reading one and it was so easy, I think I will have to scrounge up the money to convert it.

Thank you.

supertrogdor
09-05-2007, 12:42 PM
i could be woefully ignorant, not having one myself, but as i understand it this tutorial (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5) should get you through the rough parts as they are similar in construction
you may have to grant me some pardon for my previous comment, as your first post was a "how do i do X" post, which we generally associate with those who have done no research. Good luck on your conversion

Lord Maul
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
that tutorial won't help squat superT. the anakin rots and luke esb sabers are totally different beasts.

Crow: i think your best bet is to contact Equinox AKA Jedi Saber Smith about disassembly. he's done conversions of the luke ESB before. also, I believe tim did a conversion of once as well, so you can try him too.

Crow
09-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I will contact them both later today.