PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Vader conversion and conversion kit compatability

Kurosawa
09-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Anyone here know if the conversion kit here or maybe the one Ultra Sells is compatible with the 2007 vader lightsaber?How about the dissassembly of this saber? Thanks

vortextwist
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
well without knowing the id of the new vader can't say for sure but knowing mr they probably didn't change anything. so it's prolly very similar.

xwingband
09-03-2007, 02:24 PM
If the ID hasn't changed... probably not, then the TCSS kit will work.

I haven't gotten one... I already have two vader sabers (Heiland and MR ESB) so I have no use for another. The key to opening the bugger is going to all be in that clamp, the lever in particular. If there is a pin, it twists, etc... that will be it. That's 99% likely to be what's holding the clamp together. Once you get that off and take the obvious stuff off at the top it should be easy.

Speaking from having opened one with no good documentation out there. When I think I have it and it's giving resistance... I'll take a break and look at it again. Mechanically MR had to get it together somehow and you don't want to break it by barking up the wrong tree.

Kamurah
09-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Dunno about the conversion kit....

But I just dissassembled one today. They did away with the pin / washer assembly in the switch/clamp. Now it's a flathead screw.

Was DEAD easy to get out.

Also...there are no plastic wire thingys on the sides to pry out and grind down later....they pulled em from thie 07 model.

The only pause I had was punching the pins out...they are in there nice and snug....but no biggie.

All the rest of the guts are EXACTLY like the tutorial printed here.

Very simple overall to get it apart.

Cheers