PDA

View Full Version : how do you make it shimmer?

dbraxton9
01-24-2006, 11:01 PM
when i get finished converting my MR anakin to LED, i would like it to shimmer like in the original trilogy. is it possible to make it dim and brighten slightly (NOT strobe on and off, that would give me a headache immediately) at a medium-fast interval?

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

xwingband
01-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't know exactly how it's done in the electronics but give corbin a call. His driver does exactly that when you push the clash and lock button. It flashes bright then "shimmers" for as long as you hold the button. I do know that one of the features of his board is that it cycles the amperage on the LED so fast that the eye doesn't notice. The great part is we only see the brighter amperage yet electricity wise it runs at the average of the low and high.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

dbraxton9
01-24-2006, 11:36 PM
who is corbin? and is it a flash or a dimming/brightening? strobes do a fast number on my head and i get throbbing headaches from them in a very short time. is this the same as the clash-flash everyone says is so annoying on the hasbros?

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

scaarmor
01-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Corbin is one of the people in league with Tim & Ultra. If you look at the sites store in LED products-hilt supplies-electronics/LED's, you will find a board labeled "Luxeon 3W Driver". That is Corbins board. He and Tim and Ultra work together selling a few things, that being one of them. It is not a strobe nor Hasbro-like clash flash, it is the shimmer you are looking for.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

dbraxton9
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
does it drain the batteries any faster than without it? i assume having it shimmer all the time is just a matter of a different switch.

Darth_Dadderall
02-12-2006, 12:30 AM
I do believe that just running a closed wire from one pole to the other of the clash circuit (hell, you could do it with a staple in theory) would acheive the desired effect. Although, I must say I can't imagine that being very good for the life of the components of the board, leaving it on all the time like that. Better I think to install a switch , and save the variable power output.

What is life but the passage to death?