PDA

View Full Version : So I'm really bummed!

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Last weekend I DJ'd a wedding. Well when I got up Sunday morning I noticed the side door on my trailer was open. Oh *** I said, what the hell? So I check it out and someone cut the lock off and stole 2 of my duffel bags which has a bunch of PA speaker cables and mic cables. So I call the cops file police report, call my insurance. Well then on Tuesday my band has practice so we get all the other stuff we need for practice and I notice my bass is not in the basement or the trailer. very loud explicit words come out of my mouth. I call the cops again, and my insurance. Now the really crappy part is I tried searching everywhere on the net and can't find the exact replacement. I called epiphone and it is discontinued, they no longer make it. I had an Epiphone les Paul Vince Hornsby signature edition. here is what it looks like. http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=111&CollectionID=12

So if anyone ever See's one in their area or online give me a holler.

ArkaiHalon
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
dude, that sucks. If i see one, I'll let you know.

ArkaiHalon
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
is this it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-LES-PAUL-SPECIAL-4-STRING-ELECTRIC-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ130148614421QQihZ003QQcategoryZ471 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 12:05 PM
nope, beleive me i've looked every where. the vinnie has 4 pickup knobs and stars inlayed in the fretboard

ArkaiHalon
09-01-2007, 12:05 PM
again that sucks. I've got a couple of musician friends I can ask.

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 12:11 PM
cool

Firebird21
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
What ever happened to amputation for punishment of theft? :roll:

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 12:21 PM
If I get ahold of them :twisted: Good thing I'm in a fairly small town, somebody is gonna hear bout it.

goldsaberwarrior
09-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Hate to hear that. I've had some things stolen from me before and I know it's no fun. Still that sucks.

987654321a
09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
wow that sucks man, that was such a nice guitar, I was about to buy one myself but i went with another lightsaber :)

xwingband
09-01-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.aspli.com/prdimgs/026005.jpg

Use it. :P

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 07:41 PM
that was the problem, i was using a master lock. just the wrong kind. I needed the ones that you can't get cutters on.

xwingband
09-01-2007, 08:15 PM
If they were determined enough to cut a lock they probably would have broken other stuff to get in. The circular ones with no shackle to cut are much nicer though.

I like making a thieves job hard though. Our house was broke into once... We had a pin drilled into the sliding glass frame, a charlie bar, and the stock lock. They simply lifted the sliding glass door off the tracks by brute force.

Good thing we had even better protection, our neighbors. They got the cops there in less than 10 minutes. The canine unit supposedly mauled the crap out of one robber. :twisted:

My grandparents are locksmiths so I like lockin' junk up! I bet I'm the only college student that has a safe box. :D

Do-Clo
09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Vortex that is a real bummer about getting ripped off. I think a little sith justice would be in order here if the people are found that ripped you off. :twisted:

vortextwist
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
yea I got some friends workin on it. They know alot of peole. That bass was the only one of it's kind. In my area anyhow.

ArkaiHalon
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I've got one of my employees calling his former bandmates, and some of his contacts at Guitar Center. I'll let ya know if i get any leads.

Jetsi
09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Vortex, sorry to hear about your loss.

Being from that neck of the woods in my youth, I am kinda curious as to where exactly you live. Is it west of the Platte in that little town that sounds like you won the lottery? If so, and I know it sounds very un-PC, I would hang out at the local taqueria, I bet it would show up. That and keep a close eye out in any pawn stores you have.

Best of luck, and if it is in the home of the Huskers, my father used to be in the LPD and I know many of the officers, I could probably make some calls and see if they could help you out.

vortextwist
09-02-2007, 06:48 AM
well I did call up the pawn shop and they said they couldn't tell me if they wanted to, but if it shows up there the fuzz would know. I'm about 20 min north-west of omaha and 45 min north of lincoln, in Fremont.