PDA

View Full Version : Best clip style?

Darth Epohon
08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering... What do y'all think is the best clip to use on the MHS LED hilt, the Covertec Clip or the D-ring clip?

Also, what is the best way to attach the pieces each of the clip options to a leather Jedi belt?

Thanks.

ArkaiHalon
08-31-2007, 09:40 AM
it's really a matter of choice as to what's best.
I've used the "special engineered"* version of a covertec, and I've used a d ring. both have their ups and downs. the covertec is more secure, but the d ring is a little faster, at least for me. The big drawback to the Dring is that it rattles and clangs when you spin and duel.

I'll continue to use both.

*special engineered = furniture bolt and cell phone clip.

Barmic Rin
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
It really depends on your personal choice & the hilt design.

For example, I built a MHS for my Bro, & he wasn't too fussed which he had, so I settled for a Covertec for him as the setup was emitter heavy with a MHS claw1 setup. If he had a d-ring instead & turned too quickly, he could quite easily hinder my parents from having three sets of grandkids!

Mine is very simple, so I could go either way, but again went for covertec to keep it more inline with the 'prequel' style of it.

My graflex I picked up recently had both, but as it's gonna be Lukes ESB, I removed the Covertec.
Anybody know of a good 'filler' material for the screwhole that was left? Looking for the kinda stuff used on classic cars etc.

Hasid Lafre
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I prefer the covertech style for the fact that 1: it dosent flop around and smack things like a dring would.
2: its stying on its clip
3: The machined button is just friggen sweet, Iam gonna see about a brass one at some point in time.

SilentBob501
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
I thought I would never like the covertech clip, I was a d-ring man. Then I actually got one, and I have to say I think I prefer it.

GFORCE13
10-17-2007, 11:51 PM
I have only used the Convetech Clip but always the Machined one, I tried the plastic one once it came apart and that was it. But if I ever find a reasonably priced Graflex and build the Luke ANH Hilt I would have to go with the D-Ring.

37H4N
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I've only used covertech as well. although I did try to wear my MR Luke ESB but it was so heavy it kinda hurt if I ran. D-Ring on heavy hilts = bad!
Covertech is stylish but if you like original trilogy then go for d-ring.

Lord Maul
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I love the D-Ring and CT knobs. For my MHS, I chose a covertech because it matches the flow of the hilt better. For any OT inspired saber, I'd go with a D-Ring.

Marsupial
10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I can draw the saber one-handed very quick with a covertec (a real one, that is, not a nokia clip or whatnot)

The D-Ring attachment isn't as good to HOLD the saber in place, and sometimes the saber falls down when you sit. Also, the motion of the saber while you walk isn't the same.

I personally have a few covertec clips that I use on my sabers - its a matter of choices.