PDA

View Full Version : Recommended setup?

professorx
08-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Hello again,

I am looking to get an MHS in the very near future, and i have been attempting to filter through the mass of information on this forum, and have had a bit of trouble finding exactly what i need.

As I am new to LED sabers and wiring in general I was looking for a bit of advice.

I was wondering what i would need to run a 3 watt LED (either Red/Orange, or Royal Blue) a sound board, preferably a Crystal Focus w/ a speaker, and a battery level indicator on the hilt. Again, I know almost nothing about proper wiring so I apologize if this question has been beaten to death in other threads, i just have had trouble locating it.

I was also looking into creating a rechargeable battery pack for it. I assume it would need to accommodate more batteries in the pack in order to deal with the extra power needed but i don't know how many, and due to the board, which to my knowledge does all the work, no driver or buck/puck, etc... will be needed. But, again, I haven't the slightest idea as to where to start.

Does anyone have a preferred set up that is similar, cooler, or just plain awesome?

or any thoughts on what the best way to go about this is?

any nudge in the direction of a B.A. Saber would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Hasid Lafre
08-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Well erv sends instructions with this board, thats why its not on this site.

Tim has rechargable battery packs in the store. Its alot easyer to just get as much as you can from tim.

yes ervs board does all the work. theres even spots on the board that let you connect a pli, and accent leds and extra stuff.

My current setup is a 3w cyan with corbins driver and mr sound thru a dpdt switch and a 4.8v rechargable pack, 2.1MM recharge port. with an amberish accent led.

But then again this is my first saber, my next one will have ervs board in my persional saber with as much as I can cram into it.

Jonitus
08-30-2007, 07:34 AM
One of the latest sabers that came out of my shop featured a green K2 led, 7.4V Li-Ion battery pack, Crystal Focus board and PLI. The user gets a bit over three hours of runtime out of the saber and it is bright as can be.

All that in a hilt a shade over 12" long.