PDA

View Full Version : Adding Sound and Luxeon to a Park's Stunt Saber

professorx
08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello all,
I am relatively new to the electronic Saber scene. I have built numerous hilts and props in the past but I'm just now looking into adding some sound and some lights to a few of my sabers.

I am looking into buying an MHS in the near future but before that I wanted see if anyone has ever added an LED Blade to a Park's stunt saber.

I am looking to buy a Parks Conflict Stunter and wasnt sure if it can be taken apart easily enough to add an LED Emitter/heatsink/blade etc, and a Crystal Focus Core.

Any thoughts? Any one have one of these? Any one mod a Park stunter?

Thanks!!

xwingband
08-25-2007, 04:26 PM
What is it like internally? If it's 3/4" ID all the way... you aren't going to get anything that fancy in it.

Parks' normal EL ones can be modded to a Lux. Do-Clo is working on some soon, as will I. They normally have a 1 1/8" ID which is just enough to get a soundboard in.

professorx
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure of the internals of the stunt sabers, I have yet to receive it. I was hoping that someone would know. If the regular EL hilts have a 1 1/8 all the way i assume that the stunters do as well, just with out all of the electrics.

xwingband
08-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm not so sure it will be the same. With the stunts Parks sold on ebay they were 3/4"... wait until you get it. We can't give you much advice since you don't even know quite what you have.

professorx
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the help.

Novastar
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi professor... also, even if the parks is too narrow on the ID, you COULD become daring and creative, and attempt the following possibilities:

1. Create an "electronics box" that can mount to the hilt which would hold the board. Granted, it might look ugly, but hey--you'd have room for sound and access to the wiring/board would be easy.

2. Find a friend/company/machine/whatever that might allow you to mill/drill out the ID to become what you need it to be... in just the area for the sound card. Granted, this might be impossible, all depending on the design.

But keep it in mind while you're waiting on the saber to arrive... :)

Barmic Rin
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Luxing up my Parks Graflex when I do my big order from Tim....sigh..... I wish someone would attempt to lux up other parks, and share their findings.... my Shadow would look hella cool with a 5w green in it...... :lol:

gman666
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I too have a Parks stunt. It is an old Arc-wave. It has a 3/4 ID tube that runs thru the hilt. I am looking at just adding a LED to it currently. I believe that I can bore out the bottom of the hilt to fit a battery pack and a buckpuck. It is the remainder of the hilt that bothers me. I do not know if I can bore out the rib section due to wall thickness at the bottoms of the ribs. I figure that I can use an EL 3/4 thickwall blade. I am just debating on where to add the led. Here are the pics I have taken. Let me know what you think.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/666gman/LukeROTJ.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/666gman/Inches.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/666gman/MM.jpg

Thanks!

Greg[/img]

Novastar
08-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Great job, gman66 / Greg!

These kinds of photos with detailed OD and ID should help many folks.

It's hard to say whether or not "starting over" with TCSS parts or whatever you choose would be "better" than doing all the detail work of boring out parts, adjusted here, drilling here, sanding, etc. ... but I say the more experience the better.

Maybe we should find a way to sticky this kind of thing/post so that future Parks owners can give things a whirl should they choose to do so...

THANKS!