PDA

View Full Version : Oh great and powerful saber gurus

ArkaiHalon
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I have searched the forums for the information I seek on Corbin's board. I have not seen the answer that I seek, but have found answers to other questionst hat i had.

I am sure that I am simply blind and foolish. I beg thy forgiveness as I ask my n00bish question.

Using a momentary switch with Corbin's board does not require holding the button down the whole time does it? Its a push once for on, push again for off, not push and hold for as long as needed like normally required with momentary.

right?

xwingband
08-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Its a push once for on, push again for off

That's what it's like if you use a momentary with a momentary board, and a latching with a latching board.

push and hold for as long as needed like normally required with momentary.

You'd get that with a momentary and the latching version of Corbin's.

ArkaiHalon
08-25-2007, 02:45 PM
great, thank you

goldsaberwarrior
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm rigging my corbin board so I have to hit the button twice to turn it on or off.

xwingband
08-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm rigging my corbin board so I have to hit the button twice to turn it on or off.

In other words for those that don't understand... he's going to put a latching switch with a momentary version of Corbin's.

I prefer a safety switch.

goldsaberwarrior
08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
:oops: guess I should've said that.

Novastar
08-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Gold, keep in mind if you hit the latching button only ONCE... and then walk away, the board will indeed be drawing a good amount of current from the batteries, as it will (essentially) be "on".

It's hard to explain, but just as easy to avoid now that you know that you should "click it" the correct amount of times to keep it off.

I can give you the reasoning, but it's not really a big deal. Just keep it in mind. :)