PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Armitage Shanks handwheel to MHS

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-25-2007, 12:00 PM
I placed on order with Tim last week. I thought it would be here by now, but I'm still waiting. According to the tracking number, Canada Post has had it since Wednesday morning, but they're taking their time getting it here. Oh well.

I didn't order a pommel, because I wanted a Luke ROJ pommel and unfortunately, Tim doesn't offer one. (I would have gladly paid whatever he asked if he did.)

I managed to find an Armitage Shanks handwheel on Ebay and got it cheap. It's not solid metal, but a chrome plated plastic one. It's neat because when you pop the end cap off it, there are built in sound holes.

I got it yesterday, and it looks great, but now, I'm left with a burning question:

How on earth do I fit the thing to my MHS hilt?

I've been searching here and found a few references to people using them, but no word, (that I could find,) about how to install it.

Any tips would be appreciated. I can post photos and measurements if it would help.

Thanks.

xwingband
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
It'll fit over a 1.25" pipe... so you're going to either need to insert a pipe in the MHS as the "adapter" or maybe have Tim machine you one.

OR... if you don't mind waiting Tim is making a "luke" pommel for the MHS system. I have no idea on ETA, but it is one of the ones coming.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks. I'll try it when my parts get here.

Maybe I'll rig it up temporarily and order one from Tim when they come in. I hope he makes a pile of them. From what I've been reading, a lot of people want them.

I plan to order some more stuff from Tim anyway. I blew my "fun money" budget this month on my first order, and got just enough to get started. I have a Hasbro I'll be gutting for sound, but I'd like to upgrade eventually. I'd also like to go with a rechargeable setup and a brighter LED too.

I'll have to start selling stuff on Ebay to fund my "New Habit".

"Hi, I'm Obi-Dar and I'm a Luxaholic."

Jonitus
08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
You'll need to sand the inside of the Armitage Shanks a bit, but it fits over the 1.25" sinktube nicely and the 1.25 fits snugly in the MHS parts. I've used this method on a few sabers and it works great.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Do you have to drill holes through the sides of the hilt to screw into the 1.25" piece to secure it, or is there enough friction to hold it in place?

Hasid Lafre
08-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I would use something to secure it in place but still be abel tot take it apart.

chase
08-30-2007, 05:17 AM
luke pummel? awesome! i cant wait!