PDA

View Full Version : Let construction begin

goldsaberwarrior
08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Finally my parts I ordered from tim got here today. As soon as I get some foam from wal-mart tommorrow to cushion parts and keep them from rattling. Once I get this and get the saber put together I'll try to post a progress pic as I still need to get some cosmetics for the hilt. Wish me luck all.

ArkaiHalon
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
may luck and the Force be with you

goldsaberwarrior
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
I will need it.

goldsaberwarrior
08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Update

Due to heat here I haven't been able to do much. I have the battery holder on the corbin driver. Nothing else electronic wise yet. I have the sink tube adapter mounted to my sink tube. I didn't have a good enough drill like I needed to drill the saber so I had to borrow my older cousin's indrustrial drill to drill my holes. Since I can't get to it tommorrow I'll be drilling holes for my on/off and C/L switch Monday. I will also be drilling holes for my set screws in the blade holder and blade Monday. I'll be going for more cosmetics pretty quick within the next 5 days. Once everything is drilled and put together I should be able to show a progress pic if not a complete saber.

EDIT:Almost forgot I've nicknamed the saber the Enormous Jackson.

goldsaberwarrior
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
I've hit a snag in my saber. The switch I was going to use is too big for the holes on my driver. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you get around it?

Jedi-Loreen
08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Do you mean the wires are too large of a diameter? If the wires are stranded, you could carefully cut a few strands off (if the wires are pre-tinned, just cut them back past the solder and strip back, more insulation) till they fit in the holes. Or you could solder some pieces of smaller gauge wires to the ends that will fit.

Novastar
08-28-2007, 12:44 AM
You also do not have to "thread" the wires through the holes on the switch.

Treat it like soldering wires together and it should work just fine as well.

GFORCE13
08-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Yes sometimes it can be tricky on my fully loaded L.Saber I have a 2 graflex pushbuttons (top & bottom) and they are each above a board it was a very tight installation. Just take your time and I will be meditating and crossing my fingers at the same time. 8)

Hasid Lafre
08-28-2007, 04:21 AM
Just remember if you are to use corbins driver in an mhs application you have to do some considerable sanding to the sides.

Good luck

goldsaberwarrior
08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Easier for me to thread holes. Still didn't know you could do it that way and it still work that good. As for an mhs it's not. It's a sink tube hilt. I had ordered parts before about a year ago and hadn't got a chance to finish the hilt until now. Thanks for help with problem. The saber is almost ready. Once it is I'll post pics. Thanks.

GFORCE13
08-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Cool alright glad to hear it is working out and looking forward to the pictures. 8)