PDA

View Full Version : double blade size...

chase
08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
im going to make a double blade saber...what is a good size blade for each end? i guess im asking others that have experience with doubles...

Hasid Lafre
08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I would say if there one handed sized hilts(9.5-10") then a 34" blade would be pritty decent.

My hilt along time ago was 9" or so with a 33 " blade and it was sized almost right.

darthdan
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Kind of depends on what you are comfortable swinging around. I believe the Mauls are around 7 foot long. Looks good for being close to the movies, but I'm not sure I'd want to try and really maneuver anything over 6. You may want to try some moves with a long (6'+)broom handle or an actual staff if you have access to one and see what is manageable for you.

chase
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
well im 6' tall and ive used 6' staffs, which are pretty confortable. the hilt is going to be at least 20" long...

supertrogdor
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
An individuals height matters little compared to where you hold your center of balance for the hilt. I currently have a double saber that splits into two singles, and i rarely use them together because the blades i have in there are too long. Works marvelously as a single, with about a 28" blade, but i am thinking of getting some more tubing to play with blade length, maybe even down to a total length of about 5', that is my most comfortable staff length anyway.