PDA

View Full Version : IMPERIAL KNIGHT armour---TEMPLATES NEEDED

kinchar bamin
08-23-2007, 08:32 AM
for my awesome imperial guard armour I will use the trash can technique from the dented helmet forums, I will paint it red, then put fiberglass gel on it.
1 problem, I need templates for it. if any one can provide templates I will be soooooooo greatful. I have looked all over the net for templates in vain.
thanks
-Drew :)

Barmic Rin
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
PM Shadow.

His friend has done a fantastic Imp. Knight set that he wore to CE on the sunday.
I'm just sorry I missed it as my feet were killing me from trooping fri/sat.

Or go onto Mercs.firespray.net & check out his pics there.

darthdan
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Or look at flagshipeclipse.com. There's a guy on there that is doing a great set.

kinchar bamin
08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I tryed flagship, wont let me register :x

Barmic Rin
08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
The guy on Mercs is a Brit, so it'll save on shipping.

You gotta be over 18 to register on mercs though, so PM shadow first.

kinchar bamin
08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
he wont answer till tomorow cos in america it's like, 4AM

ArkaiHalon
08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
it's 1:45 pm

kinchar bamin
08-23-2007, 11:49 AM
oh. my clock on this is screwed up so I thought I accidentaly set it to america time.this post sais 4:55AM :?

ArkaiHalon
08-23-2007, 12:57 PM
no biggie. For a second I was really upset I was still at work at 4am.

:lol:

vortextwist
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
PM Shadow.

His friend has done a fantastic Imp. Knight set that he wore to CE on the sunday.
I'm just sorry I missed it as my feet were killing me from trooping fri/sat.

Or go onto Mercs.firespray.net & check out his pics there.

wasn't it you that posted the pic of the guy in the red imp knight armor?

Barmic Rin
08-24-2007, 02:21 AM
Yep, but I don't like posting pics of other peoples work without their permission.

Kinchar, Shadow is a Brit! And you can't be that impatient unless you're able to churn out your armor in an evening!

kinchar bamin
08-24-2007, 04:09 AM
well actually I am more excited than impatient and I didnt know that he's a brit, I've never seen him online so since most of the people here are american I just took a guess with the odds and all...

shadow said that he doesn't have the templates but he'll get back to me.

Barmic Rin
08-24-2007, 04:41 AM
I know HE doesn't have them, like I said, his friend should have them as he made the armor for himself!

Shadow
08-31-2007, 02:49 PM
BAD NEWS i'm afraid... my mate said he threw away his templates after using them!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Bang goes me getting him to make me one :cry:

All he did was use 3mm sintra, and added the layers to give depth. Add to the fact that he'd previously made several sets of Mando armour including mine to give him the experience he needed to finish his armour.

He used the Legacy comics as his guide.

As Barmic said, Join the Mercs.
Here's a link to my mates thread http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=225.0

Oh and a pic from us at CE http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=16

SilentBob501
08-31-2007, 03:34 PM
does anyone have a link to a detailed explanation of the "trash can method?" Ive been all over TDH and i havent found it explained in full.

Shadow
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
does anyone have a link to a detailed explanation of the "trash can method?" Ive been all over TDH and i havent found it explained in full.

Here you go

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6290&highlight=Trashcan

Plus templates for Mando armour
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7825&highlight=armour+templates

Jedi-Loreen
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
That's too bad he threw away the IK templates. I save all my templates for each new leather working project that I make them for.

Of course, most of my templates are smaller than what he'd be using, and easier to store...

Barmic Rin
09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Threw them away!!!!

He's crazy!!!! (yes, i'm only brave enough to say that on here as he's actually twice my size! :P ) I was gonna get him to make me a set eventually!
Well, once I had got around to finishing my Mando armor.

BTW Stu, my Jango bucket arrived today, but the guy sent it to my parents address instead of mine, so instead of posting it to the otherside of London, he posted it to North Devon!!! (Over 200miles away!!!!!)