PDA

View Full Version : DPDT switch?

TheCheeker
08-23-2007, 12:25 AM
does anyone know where one can get their hands on a dpdt pushbutton switch that will fit in the hole in the mhs?

Novastar
08-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Double pole double throw eh?

Looking to trip two circuits I'd think. Ok, I would try mouser.com or digikey.com or search on a big national parts website akin to those.

You're bound to come up with something. I seem to recall seeing many of those at Radio Hack, but then again they might have been SP.

Hasid Lafre
08-23-2007, 06:14 AM
yeah RS has spdt. All eletronics has a good selection of stuff. If you end up getting the same rotory switch I did make sure you mount it only in the standard sized mhs parts or mounting will be a bigger pain than it already will be caue eventually it wants to turn on you.

But I would suggest a slide switch of somekind. I love them, You can even shave the knob down a bit and it gets sleaker and sleaker.

Novastar
08-23-2007, 06:20 AM
Yes, but he's asking for a double/double... in a pushbutton. I suppose it could be latching, but a slide switch might not suit his needs.

Hasid Lafre
08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Ihave searched for months and hav enever seen a d/d push button switch, That was useable for our needs anyway. the ones I found were freakishly huge.

Think slightly bitter than antivandel types.

xwingband
08-23-2007, 07:50 AM
there are DPDT ones that would fit... they're just nowhere as convinient as the ones Tim has up. There is a DPDT version of the ones Corbin used in the killer penny... they're meant for computers, but if you can figure out how to mount them all the better.

TheCheeker
08-23-2007, 11:26 AM
yeah i have a slide switch right now that is very similar to the one tim sells but i don't want to go through the hassle of figuring out how to mount the thing. it'd be nice to be able to find one that mounts like all the pushbutton switches tim sells. by the looks of it i don't thinks thats possible. :(

TheCheeker
08-23-2007, 12:58 PM
mouser.com has plenty of dpdt pushbutton switches. i'm not exactly sure which type i need. i'm trying to run the corbin board with an esb vader mr board. do i need one that says it is an off-on switch or on-on?

EDIT: or maybe a more appropriate question would be what the difference is between the dpdt on-off switches and the on-on switches. an example of each are here:

on-off
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MPG206N04virtualkey50660000vi rtualkey506-MPG206N04

and

on-on
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MB2085SS1W01-ROvirtualkey63300000virtualkey633-MB208501-RO