PDA

View Full Version : CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Pages : 1 [2]

Novastar
02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Shade, that would be great regarding the TFU game... awesome.

Also, sorry to hear about the Reaver font... I actually thought *I* had some kind of copy here in all the throngs of sound folders I've got over here (both for v1 of the CD and v2)... but it's bloody EMPTY!! I don't recall WHY I don't have it there, but... arrrrg. Who knows, Erv might have it, I can always check someday.

If you want me to have a go at a remix of the "base" files... that's definitely my forte'. Just send 'em in a .zip and we can both work on them, then maybe "share notes" and see which we think is stellar??!?

Finally, dang it is SLLLLLLOOWWW goings right now on a v2 sound CD, as so many other projects are keeping me buried. But... I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of stuff by June/July/August '09 or something. I guess I'll shoot for a similar release from last year. But we'll see...

Thanks...

sekrogue1985
02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
EH...evil nova!

Gin Malinko
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I know this is an old thread, but do you still make sound fonts novastar? if you did i would love to donate if i used some ^_^ (if i could find a crystal focus that is....lol)

Angelus Lupus
02-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Easiest way to donate would be to buy his CD, it has sound fonts, config files and combat tutorials.
And yes, I really ought to get one, myself soon.

Novastar
02-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I know this is an old thread, but do you still make sound fonts novastar? if you did i would love to donate if i used some ^_^ (if i could find a crystal focus that is....lol)I'm slowly (SLLLOOWWWLLY) working on a 2nd CD, but the last 6 or 7 months have been really busy. I'm not sure, but I thought I made a post just a few posts back about this.

Oh yes... I did. :) Here ya go...

-----------------------------------

NOTE: These are all pretty much unmade right now... SOME may have a little bit a work, while others... zilch.

THE BIG LIST -- subject to changes, input, etc.

Blaster - Judge Dredd (this is a menu font for blaster core that I did for Erv... but I could step into the blaster realm a little bit if we do some popular ones that have NOT been done already)

Corbin's Killer Bee -- TBD... depends on if Corbin even wants me to add it
Crystalline Workshop -- TBA later on... it's something Yoda and I are thinking about
Elemental: Earth -- It didn't go on the 1st CD b/c it was unfinished... maybe I can complete it
Knight Saber -- K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider
Thunder Volt -- TBA later
Tron 3.0 -- Someone was kind enough to send me some sounds on this... remind me who you are again if you're reading!!
Vidiot Fonts -- This one might turn into a few, but... you know! Mario... Zelda... Mega Man... that sort of old school thang.
Magnus Saber -- TBA later
Plasma Sword -- Halo style...

SW TFU Starkiller -- IF ANYONE CAN SEND SOME CLEAN SOUNDS, great!!! I don't have the game, nor can I get it--I have a PC and that's it...
SW EP III: Obi Ani -- probably a hybrid of saber sounds from EP III's battle
SW EP III: Sidious -- if there are enough unique sounds from EP III... Sidious! :smile:
SW LightWhip -- Duh... I've been wanting to do this ever since the Jones font...
SW Vibroblade -- as requested... a good idea! :smile:

Union?? -- I don't recall who made this, but it was a compilation of his favorite sounds I mixed??? Remind me???!?!?
Reaver?? -- If Shadeslinger wants it on there... on it goes, and I'll work with him however he wants me to do so... :smile: UPDATE: I think he lost a copy of his font due to a hard drive crash. If anyone has a copy, help us out...
Mongrel?? -- If Eastern57 wants it on there... on it goes, and I'll work with him however he wants me to do so... :smile: UPDATE: He seems cool with it...
-------------------------------------

I'm still open to making this more of a "This is the sound CD *FOR* the users... *BY* the users... uh, plus a little bit from myself, N-Star" kind of thing... in which case, the less "work" I do, the less the CD would cost... or... heck, I don't know, maybe I should at least TRY to think of something special to do for people who submit a font or something. Hard to say at this point. I try to be open to ideas though...

Anyhow... happy holidays (holiDAZE??) to all... and looking fwd to 2009...

Gin Malinko
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
well now i kinda feel stupid about saying "I know this is an old thread" cuz i didnt check the bottom of the page for other pages so i only saw the first page......sorry :)

(epic noob move)

Novastar
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Regarding the cost--that's not super accurate. Actually, the parts themselves are the most sizeable portion of the board's cost.

That being said... yes, it does take a lot of time for Erv to do each and every board. A few solutions are up in the air, although I can't tell you which will be the end result... or even if a mixture of the two.

And in terms of "mass-production", well... although it's been asked many times, many ways, and people believe that "factory = cheaper"... this is not the truth in small runs of product. "Small" meaning 1000... sometimes even 2500 or 5000 units.

Even if it could be argued that Erv would "quickly sell" 1000 boards, the cost for those boards would likely not decrease by a substantial amount. Additionally, imagine fronting $10,000 or more to have these boards made. Especially if you're more of an innovator like Erv (he likes to add features as the months progress, and make sure his users get those benefits as the versions move forward).

Finally, there is a LOT of negative energy brewing right now around light/sound driver boards--much thanks to a certain party I won't mention right now. So that is pissing in the orange juice a little bit.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sound font thread (although I don't mind the de-rail since... there isn't much for me to say right now on fonts--I've been burnt out on them for some time). :D :D :rolleyes:

Master Dru-Er
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey there Nova. I recall a few months ago you mentioned a Dragon Ball font. I assumed it was from the sounds I had posted awhile back. I noticed that it isn't on "The BIG" list. If you are no longer pursuing it, perhaps I will pick up the torch.

Another thing about the TFU fonts. Could I just email you a continuous string of swings and clashes for you to dissect? You can get a few different combination's of swing sounds by different speeds of button mashing and directional buttons. I might give a crack at this too.

Novastar
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Dru,

Oh yeah, the DBZ one... I forgot that had been suggested, so I'm sure it could be added to the list again. I just have so many suggestions and so much on my mind right now, I'm going bonkerzzzzzzz... :)

Anyone and everyone (ok, maybe not EVERYone) is welcome to send me whatever sound files they have or want to hear mixed for a font. Especially if they are sounds that are relevant to the ones in the lists, or one I screwed up and forgot, hahahah.

There are no promises that everything will work out the way everyone wants it, but... you guys who have heard the CD... if you liked it, my guess is that the 2nd one will please you as well. If you did not like my CD... well you might not like this one either. Or you may. I don't know. :)

At this point, I've only done a tiny bit of work on the Sidious font. It's been tough though, since the only really "unique" thing of his might be that wack-arse corkscrew spin + scream/snarl. Then the rest is just basically your average sound from the Burtt saber library... which is not to say anything BAD... just... it's not "unique".

The same may go for the Obi/Ani III font. I may simply have to find special ways to make these ones really stand out on their own and be recognizable... or have to revert to making one or two sounds special to the font, and the rest "random" and/or "stock".

Which is SO not my style. :???:

Novastar
07-30-2009, 12:03 AM
UGH.

I know it's been forever since I've mentioned anything about a 2nd CD, but... the months have been PACKED with stuff to do.

Anyhow... I'm still INTENDING to get one out there--it's only a question of time. Plus... as people create pretty cool fonts themselves (YAY!!)... certain fonts become either repetitive, or unnecessary... to a certain extent.

For example... I *THINK* it was Anatim in Germany(?) that created an EP III font??? I am so busy, I only caught a little of his video with it... so... it's not like I want to "do the same thing"... ya feel me?

Still... we'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the support!!!

Alcfalath
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Keep all the creative juices flowing Nova :D It'll come in time. You may need to put it on a DVD with V1 disk fonts as well just to fit everything :D

Either way, your sounds fonts are definately the 'Honey for my Buttered Toast' :D Golden and soo sweet :)

sekrogue1985
08-01-2009, 08:24 AM
i'd so in for this nova! i'll wait take your time make it killer

Anatim
08-01-2009, 08:42 AM
For example... I *THINK* it was Anatim in Germany(?) that created an EP III font??? I am so busy, I only caught a little of his video with it... so... it's not like I want to "do the same thing"... ya feel me?

Yep, it was me ;)
I created an EP III font and I think I sent you the raw files :)

I have no real example-video of the font but you can hear it in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStjP-9W_z0 (~3:10 min)

A friend of me uses the font in a video for presenting his custom saber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eX89i__Ec

Novastar
08-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks Anatim! And... oh man... I didn't know/remember you sent me the .RAW files!! I'll have to look in my folders... chances are--if you did send... I probably made a folder for it though.

sekrogue1985
08-01-2009, 05:08 PM
i wouldn't mind getting my hands on that sound font ya know....

Novastar
08-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Alright... the 2nd CD is movin' along now!!! :) I just decided to stay up late at night into the early AMs and get it ~~~GOIN'~~~.

Sleep when yer dead, right? Sleep when yer dead.

* EP IV is being "re-mastered"... much in the spirit of how Lucas did just that. Don't expect other fonts to get that... but... you never know.

* TFU Starkiller is being done, although that one is actually pretty tough to make "feel right". Otherwise it'll just sound like "oh gee, another saber font".

* EP III Sidious is moving along as well. Soooo much careful listening (to get it "just right") and planning on this one, but... I like it thus far... :cool:

* Lightwhip is getting some GREAT HEADWAY... although I really ended up going "my own" direction (so far) with it... and it doesn't resemble some "canon" thing. As it is... I can't find any "canon" light whip sounds, so... it's just a Novastar version. :) I like this one quite a bit already.

* Not much headway on anything else except a bunch of raw sounds for me to toil through. Sleep when yer dead. :mrgreen:

~~ Price of CD #2 will **NOT** be $38.11 as it was last time... it will be more like $20 or $25... don't know for certain yet, but... it depends on how much stuff goes on the bloody thing...!!!

~~ Staged Combat Tutorial #2 is SUPPOSED to go on this thing... but I have had no one to work with to get the tut done on film. It's a little tough without a partner. But that may change--now it might be GREAT!! Costumes... acrobatics... much more detail on putting moves together and more complex setups... it should be really nice!!

If the staged combat tutorial is complete soon (not likely)... it will go on the 2nd NSCFCD. If not... it will go on its own.

//END UPDATE... Novaslave back to work, hahahah. Goblins back to work!

strengthofrage
08-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Fantastic!!! I really enjoyed the first... not to mention it taught me how to use my CF ;) Looking forward to the 2nd :)

Novastar
08-06-2009, 09:29 AM
* EP IV Re-mastered = 90% Finished
* EP III Sidious = 90% Finished

pipster79
08-06-2009, 09:30 AM
hope i get another cf so i can get your new cd when its done, you are the master of the sound fonts :)

sekrogue1985
08-06-2009, 12:48 PM
oh i'm so getting this??

sounds like i'm gonna have to get another SD card!

Novastar
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
UPDATE: Anatim and I are in contact about having his font added to the CD. That is great! It just means more access for people who want to have the font at a moment's notice!!

I'll still probably make another EP III font (besides "Sidious"), but... I will NOT make it "the same". Granted I have to listen to it much much more closely to be sure I know how to make certain of that.

UPDATE #2:

*** I NEED PEOPLE TO CONFIRM IF THEY WANT THEIR FONTS ON THERE ***

I have:

* Mongrel (by Eastern57) ... he is in the military(?) right now, so... dunno

* Reaver (by Shadeslinger) ... I want to confirm with him if it's ok...

* Raziel (by Maximillian of FX Sabers)... I want to confirm with him if it's ok...

* Delmu??!?! Where art thou?!?! :D

* Madcow's other fonts.... some??? One??? All??

* Judge???!

and a few others...

I can't promise anything... and I DEFINITELY understand if people do *NOT* want to do this, since I'd be selling a product with some of YOUR stuff on there... but I'm open to font makers messaging me and we can talk about getting things going...

I don't want to seem like the product is going in all directions at once, but I imagine some people enjoyed the fact that Madcow's "Heirloom" was on CD v1, and maybe they want more of that kind of thing: other fonts too!!

Let me know, guys!

Count Malik
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
*busts out CF users manual*- Well gotta change the sounds up sometime!;) Nova man gotta hand it to ya, your just putting the icing on the cake for cf owners!:cool::grin:

Kal El Rah
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I 2nd that CM, can't wait to get it.

Novastar
08-10-2009, 03:22 PM
* Starkiller font is 90% complete... (mixing only left to do)
* Sidious font is 90% complete... (mixing only left to do)
* EP IV re-mastered is 90% complete... (mixing only left to do)
* Lightwhip font is 75% complete... (more tweaking + mixing to do)

* EP III font -- I haven't really approached it yet... I need to listen to Anatim's a lot before I embark on making one that sounds almost entirely different... I don't want people to say "hmm... they sound the same", ya know?

I don't know how many more I'll be able to complete by the end of August (that's the goal to release!!!)... but we'll see.

Also, I should be doing some kind of "Crystalline Workshop" font, inspired by Yoda of FX-Sabers--who requested some kind of gears/servos/steam n' activations kind of font... for displaying the saber or showing it off! :) This shouldn't be too hard, but would be a nice touch.

Finally... I've been in contact with someone regarding a kind of "wacky" font that NO one has brought up before in the threads... so... maybe it will be able to get into the CD. We'll see!!

Novastar
08-14-2009, 05:47 AM
* EP III font (Obi/Ani) ... 60% complete :)

ALSO: I never liked the swing samples I created for my EP V font... they were a bit too "muddy"... so... I'm going to try to "re-master" that one as well. I guess sort of in the spirit of re-mastering EP IV.

I find it ironic that I'm kind of doing what Lucas did with the films... doing them AGAIN! lol :P But really... I wanted to make some adjustments to EP IV... and I definitely never liked the swings on EP V from the start.

My EP VI font I'm fairly happy with, and I don't really see a need to change it.

As a general FYI for my fonts:

EP IV... has always been about Obi/Vader. Not Luke. Sorry for that if people want a Luke one--but... besides... isn't that what Madcow's is all about??!? Heirloom?!?

EP V... has always been about Luke/Vader (duh), but mainly "in the middle" of the fight, near the scaffold (weather vane/chasm area). It's true that the sounds are quite varied as they move from inside the Bespin carbon chamber and to the area with the window... and THEN right out the window as Vader chucks metal junk at Luke, hahah. But... hope that clears things up.

EP VI... has always been about Luke/Vader (duh), but mainly BEFORE he goes completely insane and wails on Vader with pimp-slappin' passion. This is for several reasons, none of which are worth going into.

There. I've said my peace... now... back to work. It takes many hours of work... as far as *I* know. But hey... many people tell me "it's easy" to make a sound font. Ok. But not for me.

Novastar
08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
It's looking like there will be around 10 fonts made by myself that are pretty certain to be on there... and an unknown amount of fonts by others (if at all).

I can't say for certain everything that will be on there yet, but it's safe to say that there are FAR more ideas for fonts out there than I can do all in one CD. Some of which are "tougher" to do than others.

For example, someone suggested a "Tron" font--which I think would be neat... but I have no real definitive way of being certain that things will "make sense" with it when I attribute "sound X" to "swing1" or whatever. Know what I mean?! :) Same for the "Knight Rider" kind of thing too, hehheh.

Ironically... the more creative and "wacky" sound fonts are the ones that produce the toughest challenges (which I like though). SW fonts tend to be easier, since... well... the base sounds are PRETTY MUCH already there. For the mostpart.

One quick question for people... I forget: does the "Vibroblade" sound unique, or is it just a sword-style thing? I have a copy of KOTOR (1st one), but... I haven't checked it out lately, and I've not heard any samples that distinguish the vibroblade. Am I missing something?

All suggestions are still welcomed. I'm doing my best. In a sea of sound... it's tough to just PICK a certain amount of sounds/styles and expect those to satisfy every whimsy of all our creative minds!! :D

sithlordfaust
08-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Is there a steampunk font out there?
clockwork sounds and steam hisses?

If not, yet another Idea you probably dont have time for. but Id like to see and hear it

sekrogue1985
08-18-2009, 05:44 PM
having recently finish KOTOR NOVA, I would have to say it didn't sound like anything to super too me. I could be wrong though, wasn't really paying attention to it. My friend suggested that it would probably sound like a vibrating piece of metal with occasional electric pops. THat's all I can think of, but I'll go back tomorrow and listen more carefully.

JamoUp
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
There is no hmm or anything. Just clank clank clashing sounds. Kotor didn't put much effort into it. I tried to make a vid but all you hear is people shooting at me.

Novastar
08-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Jamo & Sek... hmm--yeah, that was my thinking/memory of it as well. :( Bummer.

But... this means it opens the door to *MY* interpretation! Me. My preference. To quote Jujimufu: "I like an aerial switch and brandy... that's just how I am."

So--whatever. I can do what I think "vibroblade" means to me.

Sithlordfaust... for some reason I cannot remember--I believe SOMEone out there is doing a steampunk font. Or mentioned it. Or said they were all about that... or... something. Anyhow--I know absolutely nothing about Steampunk, so... I kinda don't want to tarnish that image for people without at least studying about it... AND/OR hearing from the person/people(?) who were going to do a S-Punk font.

I heard this info about the font many moons ago, so... that's why my mind is gone. Can't remember. Old man syndrome or something. Alzheimers? :D

UPDATE:

Corbin's "Killer Bee" font -- we're trying to bring this back. Corbin's down. I'm down. I just have to get it right the way he wants it, all BK style. hahahah... I might release some "options" with this one--hard to explain what I mean... but--we'll see.

This font was originally meant to go into that Penultimate saber of legendary LED status... yes... you guessed it: The Killer Penny.

sekrogue1985
08-19-2009, 05:50 AM
I'd have to say NOVA's interpretation are more fun. Sounds like someone's been hit one too many times with a PolyC blade...:p

Novastar
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I'd have to say NOVA's interpretation are more fun.Thanks!

Sounds like someone's been hit one too many times with a PolyC blade...:pVery much. Seriously! Ow in BOP I and even in BOP II (actually I got stepped on more than thwacked... until I started grabbin' people's BALLS when they stepped on my corpse. Never got stepped on again.)

Either that, or it's the Tricking. Landing on your head, face, and nutz will make you a little zany. ;)

Novastar
08-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Yes, more updates. Whether you like it or not. It's comin'. Just like the ground does when you're flippin' or twistin'. It's comin'...

-------------------------
THIS time... it will be different:

* "Only" CF v4.x is supported. But... DUH, for those with other CF they can certainly figure out what changes need to be made if they use their grey matter. Greytale says!

* Config files will come in the directory of the sound font. If people want to use the font for a v2 or v3... no big deal--just keep the original config of a font you like... replace the sounds... all done. What could be easier. A flash kick. An X-Out flash. A B-kick? :)

* Additional stuff might be videos and such... and YUP... you guessed it... the CF wiring guides by Nundam and Gova will indeed be going on if they fit (they should). Although... yeah... people already know they're online. Still. Better quality--good reference... yeah.

* Maybe a Staged Combat Video #2 if the timing works. Right now --> no partner (maybe Mark Preader "Caine Drathul"), but... I dunno. It's a logistical + time thing.

UPDATE:

* EP II is being re-mastered as well. :D You can thank Jango (nailbunny on y-tube), I doing it because he requested it.

http://judgesabersmith.com/Smileys/default/12.gif<--- punches himself in the face. Hard.
"whh... whaaa happ-aaaayyynnn?"

sekrogue1985
08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
* EP II is being re-mastered as well. :D You can thank Jango (nailbunny on y-tube), I doing it because he requested it.

http://judgesabersmith.com/Smileys/default/12.gif<--- punches himself in the face. Hard.
"whh... whaaa happ-aaaayyynnn?"[/QUOTE]

:D

killphil
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I know you have alot on your plate, but I thought I'd bring this up concerning the hum on Ep 6.
I love that hum as it's sampled on the cpu, but for whatever reason, it has ALOT of gravelly distortion, and it doesn't go away no matter what I do with the POT or even if I'm using my 40mm speaker. It still is there, and that's kinda weird to me, since I always figured that Ep 2 and Blackstar were the lowest hums, and yet they sound perfect on said 40mm speaker.

No worries, though, as I found if I replace the hum with Madcow's Bespin, all the Ep 6 sounds (minus hum, of course) mix and integrate nearly perfectly.

Novastar
08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Honestly Phil... I have no idea what you're talking about. When I listen to the EP VI hum that I created--I don't have any problems with "gravelly distortion". It just sounds like a hum that is different from the other hums.

But certainly nothing is stopping you from using other hums or fonts--that's fine. :)

QUICK UPDATES:

* Some 'preview' .mp3 files are done... been bouncing some of these off of some of the "sabersmiths" just to make certain they don't hear any 'glaring problems' or whatever

* Eastern57's Mongrel and Steampunk fonts should be on the 2nd CD!!! :) They are both getting 'overhauled' by Josh (eastern) too, so... not the same thing you've downloaded in the past. Rock and roll! Be sure to give thanks to EASTERN57 for this...

Novastar
08-22-2009, 06:00 PM
[quote from JANGO FETT from FX-Sabers]Excellent news(s). Any plans for a release date? Ballpark?
------------------------------------------------------

Nah, it's cool... I think I've ALWAYS been fairly good with telling you guys some "objective dates", and being close. :D

Many many months ago, I said it might be around June/July/August... and here we are. heheheh. BUT... now... more specifically--the timing will likely occur with the newest batch of CF. So stay tuned!!

Thus far, we have these going on:

* EP II - Re-mastered
* EP III - Sidious
* EP III - Obi/Ani
* EP IV - Re-mastered
* EP V - Re-mastered (slightly!)

* Nova's LightWhip (name still TBD, or I might leave it)
* Nova's Res Blade (not much work on it yet... supposed to make a "vibroblade" sound cool)
* Crystalline Workshop (this is tougher to do than it sounds... for ME, thus far) -- by Yoda & Nova!!!
* TFU Starkiller
* Corbin's Killer Bee (possibly 2 versions... Corbin's definitive and then my "take" on it)
* Video Game font??? (not sure yet if this is worth doing)

GUEST FONTS (so far):

* Eastern57 --> Mongrel 2.0
* Eastern57 --> SteamPunk (TBD)
* MadMooey --> ????????? (yes it's MadCow, I enjoy typing MadMooey, it's fun... :D )
* Anatim --> EP III (this is Anatim from Saberproject in Germany)

Others I'd like to include are Raziel from Maximillian, but I've not heard anything... and Shadeslinger's Reaver... so... all in good time??!?! And if not--no worries, as those are "out there" and available (me thinks).

There is possibly one or two more that I have planned... but I'm not going to say until I'm either certain--or whatever, you'll find out when the CD is released. I won't make promises I cannot keep. That is not my style, and you all know it.

Price is still undetermined... I'm open to suggestions, although that doesn't mean it will be what you say. I was hoping for it to be LESS than the first one--but I don't know yet. As you can see... at least 10 original fonts are going on there... so I imagine it would be between $20 and $40.

NOTE: You are *NOT* going to be paying me for other people's fonts. You'll be paying me for *MY* work. So... if the CD ends up having 58283646732 fonts made by OTHERS... and 10 fonts of mine... the CD would STILL be the cost as if those 58283646732 fonts weren't there. :) Make sense?

Ok... me off to dinner... OMG... my b-day is comin'. I'm old. D'ohhhh! :D

Count Malik
08-22-2009, 10:47 PM
sounds your working hard nova. Most excited!!!:cool:

galen marek
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
!!!! I hope I can get a CF for my chronic saber! bubble bubble bubble!

Jedi-Loreen
08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
If you lived in the US, you'd be way too young to even go into the type of shop that sells what you'd need for something like that. :rolleyes:

Novastar
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't DO any kind of... ahem... magic dragon puffiness...
...and not to joke about it, but...

BUT...

BUT!!! Has anyone tried out the "Elemental: Water" font on the 1st CD?? :)

:D :D :cool:

;)

Anatim
08-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I actually tried it on two sabers and I really like it!

Very refreshing on a hot day;)

bluppp, blupp, blup :D

What's about the Elemental Earth font? The menu-sound is on the CD, but no raw files..

eastern57
08-25-2009, 07:58 AM
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/MHS%20hilt%205/?action=view&current=MOV03861.flv

;)

sekrogue1985
08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
yes that font was probably one of my favorites!

galen marek
08-25-2009, 04:14 PM
sick!:D anyone got a pic of jays bong saber? cant find pics anywere

Jedi-Loreen
08-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Jay's? I thought it was Silent Bob's.

I think Tim might have deleted them. They weren't really appropriate for this site.

galen marek
08-26-2009, 06:34 AM
silent bobs is different, jays/chronics saber is dual ended. silentbob is bluntman, not chronic

Novastar
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/MHS%20hilt%205/?action=view&current=MOV03861.flv
;)HAHAHHAHA, thanks for demo-ing that font a bit... some may find it funny, but... I never did get a chance to "test" that font in a true saber. Never had the time. Go figure. :)

What's about the Elemental Earth font? The menu-sound is on the CD, but no raw files..Right... excellent point. Elemental Earth was never completed during the time I was planning to release the NSCFCD#1. After I realized that I had left the menu sound in there... I just figured: "Oops... well... I guess NOW I have to complete it somehow."

With any luck--it will be there for the CD#2.

The main problem was... in my thinking--an "earth" elemental sound would be very BASS-like and rumbling. Problem = most smallform speakers aren't very great with bass / rumble-ish sounds. Trying to get it to sound "just right" was a bloody nightmare, and I ran into a bunch of issues. So... I've been having to compromise a bit.

Still. It might be a fun font. Weird. But--fun & interesting.

Novastar
09-01-2009, 02:08 AM
OK everyone...

I added a simple little poll to my website in order to gauge interest and also try to craft the CD a bit more toward what people are thinking:

http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/CD2.html

You can answer as many or as few as you like...
Also, leave a short comment if you have some special request or thought...

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Hope you are able to help me out and vote. :cool:

--Novastar

Anatim
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
What about the Prince LED Video or special mp3 Version of it? :)

I'd love to see a folder with pics of sabers from all over the world ;)

btw:

Who the heck is "Novastar"??
:p

Novastar
09-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Oooh... those are two good ideas! The Prince LED song can probably go on there (+ the video)... although the song can simply be "ripped" from the video for those who really want it in their mp3 mix... (???) :confused: hahahahh

I don't know about a folder of photos... that would be tough for me to organize in such a short time + credit everyone correctly and fairly!

I'd love to do that... but... hmm--I'm not certain I could get it all done quickly enough! And... there are many photos in the galleries all over the forums, so... not sure if that would be redundant.

Good ideas though!!!

Anatim
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Oooh... those are two good ideas! The Prince LED song can probably go on there (+ the video)... although the song can simply be "ripped" from the video for those who really want it in their mp3 mix... (???) :confused: hahahahh

hmm, good point, the video seems to be enough ;)

Beat me if it is already in there, but what's about the CF soldering tutorials?

Revan
09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
yeah i ripped it straight from youtube because i liked it so much :cool:

btw. i think a cool idea for a sound font would be something like a lightning rod with tons of electricity sounds as if the blade itself is just an extention of the emporors' power or something like that. (if this has already been mentioned i apologize, i just didn't want to read all 31 pages of chatter...)

Novastar
09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Anatim... no beating necessary, lol... someone suggested that I add these to the CD (I think it was Jango Fett/Nailbunny), so... sure, if there is room, no problem.

Otherwise, yup... the 4-part CF Wiring Guide by Nundam and Gova is already in the "best" quality I could do on Y-tube. 720 x 480 or whatever. Barely HD, lol.

Revan... well, we have the 1st CD with the "NecroVolt" font, so that is something, and also many lightning sound effects. CD#2 will have more interesting lightning sound effects, but not a singular font dedicated solely to lightning. I honestly don't know how I could make that work without it being a bit repetitive.

Still... this could be mixed when combining sounds from CD#1 + CD#2 + whatever sounds one enjoys!

VeggieJedi
09-02-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah i ripped it straight from youtube because i liked it so much :cool:

hehe me too :cool:

Novastar
09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
A great question from someone over @ FX:

I was really tempted to buy your CD sound compendium 1.1, but rumors of a 2nd CD stopped me! What is new in that one? What is your advise: to buy the 1.1 CD or to wait for the 2nd CD? Thanks and bye. ;)

GREAT QUESTION. I should be really REEEEEAAAAALLY CLEAR about this so everyone knows:

* The first CD contains 19 sound fonts, and many tutorials, extras, and configuration files... + a staged combat tutorial
* The second CD will contain entirely *NEW* fonts... and entirely *NEW* content.
* Further, the second CD will (in some ways) assume that you have some knowledge from the 1st CD. Although it doesn't REQUIRE that you buy it... it's not as if buying the 2nd CD will mean you'll get everything from the 1st + the 2nd!!
* The second CD is gearing up to be less expensive than the 1st (*crossing fingers*), mainly based on the fact that I'll only be "supporting" v4... so-to-speak. Which just means people with older boards may have to simply "not use" certain sounds (for example, force2 and blaster2,3,4)

The key thing to note is... THE CDs are TOTALLY different from one another. If I had to get specific, there might be something like 5% of "cross-over" content, heheheh. :)

Additionally, I'll be listing what's going on there soon enough. Especially with the tutorials, videos, and other fun stuff like "Prince LED" and so forth.

Good question though!!

sekrogue1985
09-10-2009, 01:01 PM
A great question from someone over @ FX:

I was really tempted to buy your CD sound compendium 1.1, but rumors of a 2nd CD stopped me! What is new in that one? What is your advise: to buy the 1.1 CD or to wait for the 2nd CD? Thanks and bye. ;)

GREAT QUESTION. I should be really REEEEEAAAAALLY CLEAR about this so everyone knows:

* The first CD contains 19 sound fonts, and many tutorials, extras, and configuration files... + a staged combat tutorial
* The second CD will contain entirely *NEW* fonts... and entirely *NEW* content.
* Further, the second CD will (in some ways) assume that you have some knowledge from the 1st CD. Although it doesn't REQUIRE that you buy it... it's not as if buying the 2nd CD will mean you'll get everything from the 1st + the 2nd!!
* The second CD is gearing up to be less expensive than the 1st (*crossing fingers*), mainly based on the fact that I'll only be "supporting" v4... so-to-speak. Which just means people with older boards may have to simply "not use" certain sounds (for example, force2 and blaster2,3,4)

The key thing to note is... THE CDs are TOTALLY different from one another. If I had to get specific, there might be something like 5% of "cross-over" content, heheheh. :)

Additionally, I'll be listing what's going on there soon enough. Especially with the tutorials, videos, and other fun stuff like "Prince LED" and so forth.

Good question though!!

YAY! can't wait.

I fully admit that I might have to order the 1st CD again cause I can't find the one I had and it probably got thrown out when the wifey cleaned my desk after a clean freak fit.

Mcich
09-13-2009, 10:03 AM
definately gonna be buying this one now that I have a CF board in Fury V2 :) I think that if we get the ep3 font on it then I may have to have a Star Wars SD card with sounds from ep 1 - ep 6 :D

Novastar
09-14-2009, 06:08 AM
UPDATES/SUMMARIES:

~ It's ALL NEW content--there really will not be much of any "repeated" content from the 1st CD
~ If and when CFv5.x is released... all sounds from CD#1 and CD#2 will still be applicable/useable.
~ CD#2 will contain the ".WAV" versions of the .raw files... for "forward compatibility"!
~ The CD will likely release with the newest batch of CF. So stay tuned!!
~ Two special videos are going to be released by me (on my youtube ID) regarding the newest batch of CF... you guys will enjoy them both THOROUGHLY!!
~ The two special videos will go onto the CD as well
~ The CF wiring guide 4-part video set will be included
~ "Prince LED" will be included, in both the video format and the music/song itself (.mp3)
~ I'm still not sure about the whole "signing 'em" thing. At least... I dunno about "last times order". It may just be whoever orders 1st gets the 1st-burned/created CD, etc.

Thus far, we have these fonts going on the CD for certain (100%):

* EP II - Re-mastered ... with both a "darkside" and "lightside" take to the font!
* EP III - Sidious
* EP III - Obi/Ani
* EP IV - Re-mastered
* EP V - Re-mastered (slightly?!! Nope! I just decided to re-do the entire thing!)

* Nova's LightWhip
* Nova's Res Blade (this one is now complete. It's my take on a "vibroblade" sound setup)
* TFU Starkiller -- I'm starting to enjoy this one... even though I never played the game
* Corbin's Killer Bee (possibly 2 versions... Corbin's definitive and then my "take" on it, possibly)

* ~~SPECIAL FONT #1~~ (I'm not telling what it is until the day of the CD's release... or you find out by ordering!)
* ~~SPECIAL FONT #2~~ (TBD... but this one ought to be fun if it happens!)

Fonts that may or may not make it onto the #2 CD... but I'm doing my best!

* Crystalline Workshop (this is tougher to do than it sounds... for ME, thus far) -- by Yoda & Nova!!!
* Elemental Earth (I've made some great headway on this font... but it's still incomplete)
* Halo-style Plasma Sword (this may go on the CD as a "samples only" folder)
* Video Game font??? (not sure yet if this is worth doing)

GUEST FONTS:

* Mongrel 2.0 (by Eastern57 of JSS & TCSS & FX)
* SteamPunk (by Eastern57 of JSS & TCSS & FX)
* ? ? ? ? ? ? (by MadMooey... yes it's MadCow, I enjoy typing MadMooey because I'm weird)
* EP III (by Anatim & Bertuzzi of Saberproject in Germany)
* Raziel (by Maximillian of FX) ... ... although I don't have a complete version of this (I think)
* Reaver (by Shadeslinger of FX)
* ? ? ? ? ? ? (by Delmustator of FX & TCSS... I'D LOVE TO INCLUDE SOMETHING OF DELMU'S IF HE'S DOWN WITH IT!!!)

And that's probably PLENTY of guest fonts for now anyhow! And, I'm finally able to give a free #2 CD to these guys who are contributing. Until I go broke, that is, hehehhe. :)

Finally, don't forget the simple little poll I added to my website in order to gauge interest and also try to craft the CD a bit more toward what people are thinking:

http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/CD2.html

You can answer as many or as few as you like...
Also, leave a short comment if you have some special request or thought...

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Hope you are able to help me out and vote.

--Novastar

Anatim
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
very, very good news :)

Please tell me if you need any files from me ;)

Novastar
10-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Well... everything is just about turned into .RAW files now and "fully mixed" with the exception of EP V Re-mastered (not mixed with hum yet), Corbin's Killer Bee font(s), and a few stragglers.

So, we are looking at 11-14 *TOTALLY NEW FONTS* made by myself... plus the addition of something like 5-6 "guest fonts" by Eastern & Maximillian & Anatim & Shadeslinger, etc.

Which means it'll be around 20 fonts again, hahahah! NICE.

Additionally:

* New CD graphic for the LightScribe (duh)
* I decided to do menu sounds for the new fonts... (done)
* I re-did a new menu/menubackground music... (done)
* I am considering re-doing at least SOME of the old menu "names" from the old CD (aka novastar menu name, blackstar, etc.) to match
* EP II has two versions (dark & light), as I've mentioned
* I'm considering two versions for EP IV as well... maybe...
* I'm considering adding a few config files, but... they really aren't necessary since you'll have to "dial them in" yourselves ANYhow...

...but I'll provide some suggestions for certain fonts. For example, EP IV re-mastered should probably NOT be given much "pitch shift". You'd see why later, but... whatever. Just a suggestion.

"ResBlade" will be one where you WOULD want to go pretty "crazy" with the shifting. It was meant for that (hope it works that way)!!!

More soon enough! It's so near I can almost taste it.

sekrogue1985
10-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Well... everything is just about turned into .RAW files now and "fully mixed" with the exception of EP V Re-mastered (not mixed with hum yet), Corbin's Killer Bee font(s), and a few stragglers.

So, we are looking at 11-14 *TOTALLY NEW FONTS* made by myself... plus the addition of something like 5-6 "guest fonts" by Eastern & Maximillian & Anatim & Shadeslinger, etc.

Which means it'll be around 20 fonts again, hahahah! NICE.

Additionally:

* New CD graphic for the LightScribe (duh)
* I decided to do menu sounds for the new fonts... (done)
* I re-did a new menu/menubackground music... (done)
* I am considering re-doing at least SOME of the old menu "names" from the old CD (aka novastar menu name, blackstar, etc.) to match
* EP II has two versions (dark & light), as I've mentioned
* I'm considering two versions for EP IV as well... maybe...
* I'm considering adding a few config files, but... they really aren't necessary since you'll have to "dial them in" yourselves ANYhow...

...but I'll provide some suggestions for certain fonts. For example, EP IV re-mastered should probably NOT be given much "pitch shift". You'd see why later, but... whatever. Just a suggestion.

"ResBlade" will be one where you WOULD want to go pretty "crazy" with the shifting. It was meant for that (hope it works that way)!!!

More soon enough! It's so near I can almost taste it.

drooling!

cardcollector
10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey Nova,

I have no experience with the CF or any other major sound board for that matter.

But I had an idea for a sound font:
"Western Fling"
You know with the old cheesy gunshots and old saloons...

Just thought I'd trow that one in there

Mcich
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
cant wait Nova, any word on how much we are looking at paying for a cd yet? I need some more micro SD cards now, curse you and your awesome sound fonts!!!! lol

Novastar
10-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Ok... just a fun little "FYI" thing while I'm making the finishing touches on the CD#2... Episode V re-mastered sounds great!! I really am finally more "definitively" happy with my EP II, EP IV, and EP V fonts now. :)

Oh, and by the way... I've managed to do a LITTLE bit more on some kind of "Plasma Sword" (in the style of Halo). Uhh... I don't like it very much, but... at least you'll see some sounds there for it. I *may* leave it "unfinished", but... either way... it will be there!

So now for the FYI... umm... let's see:

* I keep extra CDs burned and ready-to-go, as the burning of the information takes about 4-7 minutes (not kidding, it's 700MB)... and the LightScribing process takes 30 minutes (not kidding).

* I burn CDs in this order so it is absolutely impossible for me to ever make a mistake and send out a "blank" info CD. Info goes FIRST... then the L-Scribing...

* I generally keep 5-10 CDs ready and waiting since if someone orders... I may not have the time to do the above burning info if I'm teaching, tricking, training, building, demo-ing or just doing Darth Real-Life...

* By having the CDs "ready" and "in stock"... I often ship the CD only hours after an order is placed.

* CD#1 will ~NOT~ be discontinued for any reason. Until I say otherwise. Which is unlikely that I would.

* CD#2 will be available along with the next release of CF (it's actually 99.5% complete at this present moment)

* FYI: Yup, it actually costs me ~ $2.50 to ship a CD. Sometimes more, sometimes less (depends on the location). But that's why it is what it is.

* Much to my surprise, I've shipped to places I thought would never know the CD existed... such as Puerto Rico, Mexico (!), Norway, The Netherlands, Japan, Indonesia and Australia. Now... naturally I have many orders from the U.K. and U.S. ...

* The first order of my CD from France... that was NOT Erv... AND who did not order directly from Erv when he had copies of the CD#1 to sell (when it first was created)... was sold VERY RECENTLY (about a month ago).

* In my estimation, ~800 to ~1000 CF boards of one version or another have been made, and therefore--sold. Of these, I'd estimate that at least 75% of everyone who purchases ONE... attempts to or succeeds in ordering a SECOND (either at the same time, or later on). Even taking a generously "low" half of this number... it means around 300 to 400 people could benefit from having my CD#1 (and #2!!)

So anyhow... I thought all that info might be interesting to some of y'all... :D

Raith
10-08-2009, 12:01 AM
sounds good nova... i'm hoping to get a crystal focus to put in one of my sabers...

is there any chance of getting custom CF sounds mixed? i had a neat idea for an ignition sequence, and was wondering if you could do it...

Novastar
10-09-2009, 02:09 AM
I'll answer that in PM, Wraith, as it is more of a singular thing...

BTW, small update--as many know, CF will be coming on the 24th (unless there are setbacks, but that's doubtful). The CD#2 will definitely be ready by that time.

It's pretty much DONE now, too! :) I'm basically arranging the files at this point--so that they are organized similar to the way CD#1 was... adding extras and videos... and text descriptors, etc.

I'll probably start "burnin' 'em" pretty bloody soon! :D

*WHEW*

Man.

That was a TON of work. Hey-Soos Ker-EEEEESTAY!!!

Novastar
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Old thread I know... but Just an FYI...

* If you are planning on getting CD1 or CD2 (because you do not already have them)...
* They are now converted over to .WAV for those who need them in such form...
* The "old" .RAW versions will still be there for anyone who plans to solely use them exclusively for a CFv3 or v4 etc. that they own

MAKE CERTAIN TO *TELL ME* you need things in the .WAV or .RAW format if you're ordering, please! :) I'll ask you no matter what to confirm + be certain... but... if you see this thread before ordering--please help me help you. heheh

No need to post a response here, it's just a nice FYI for you guys!!

Rhyen Skytracker
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I know you said no need to reply here but I just want you to know that we appreciate how much time and effort you spend making these CDs in not only one format but two. Thanks for all you do and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

The same goes for everyone who has made sound fonts for the CFs. Thanks for all the time and effort to guve us some killer sound fonts. :D

Ronan
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I know you said no need to reply here but I just want you to know that we appreciate how much time and effort you spend making these CDs in not only one format but two. Thanks for all you do and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

The same goes for everyone who has made sound fonts for the CFs. Thanks for all the time and effort to guve us some killer sound fonts. :D

Someone's getting a CF... which explain all the kiss up said person is doing :mrgreen:

Novastar
10-07-2010, 03:01 AM
CF is not guaranteed to pretty much ANYone... need I remind folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eGc8vl9udo

and also...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=26080.0

Although all that in mind... Erv and I (and EVERYONE ELSE) do indeed wish we could magically make the "Endless Sack O' CF"... which everyone could reach into, grab a CF or 2, pay a fair price... and go home and solder happily away... :)

equinox13
10-07-2010, 06:24 AM
CF is not guaranteed to pretty much ANYone... need I remind folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eGc8vl9udo

and also...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=26080.0

Although all that in mind... Erv and I (and EVERYONE ELSE) do indeed wish we could magically make the "Endless Sack O' CF"... which everyone could reach into, grab a CF or 2, pay a fair price... and go home and solder happily away... :)

so are you saying they're really hard to get because he likes to hit them with hammers? O.o

sekrogue1985
10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
so are you saying they're really hard to get because he likes to hit them with hammers? O.o

no because when they go up for sales it's like black friday with soccer moms! they sell out within second!!

Rhyen Skytracker
10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Someone's getting a CF... which explain all the kiss up said person is doing :mrgreen:

Just because someone request the sound fonts in the .wav format doesn't mean that they have or or getting a CF soon. It just means that if they ever get one in the FUTURE they will have the correct format for fonts. CFs are very hard to come by and since it looks like all the future versions will be in .wav format it just makes sense to get the CD in .wav format.

Ronan
10-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Just because someone request the sound fonts in the .wav format doesn't mean that they have or or getting a CF soon. It just means that if they ever get one in the FUTURE they will have the correct format for fonts. CFs are very hard to come by and since it looks like all the future versions will be in .wav format it just makes sense to get the CD in .wav format.

My joke (X)

Your understanding of the joke (X)

:rolleyes: :lol:

Novastar
11-09-2010, 01:06 AM
A sweet demo that Shadeslinger did of 6 (of the ~20) latest fonts on my CD#3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uMxtOGL8wA

Thanks, Shade! :)

Novastar
09-01-2011, 02:53 AM
I suppose I've been quite lax in posting @ TCSS... but... I've been simply overwhelmed with projects, classes, tricking, videos, and general "Darth Real Life" mayhem I suppose. :)

That being said... there ARE some new fonts completed, including a "Tron Legacy Disc" font (actually 2 versions of it!)... and another special one which I'll keep under wraps for the time-being. Additionally, I have several others "comin' 'round the bend"... although it's a question of time & logistics as to when I'll complete them.

I appreciate everyone's support over the years, and... I'll keep tryin' to update everyone as best I can...