PDA

View Full Version : What in the hell???? My led is flashing.

Hasid Lafre
08-18-2007, 02:38 AM
And iam not talking about like a flash on clash type thing. I was outside messing around and then all of a sudden my led started flashing on and off. not fast but an even pase of on....off....on....off.

Is it susposed to do that?

Incase you dont remember. I have Corbins latching 3W driver with a Lux 3 cyan led. Using an mr board for sound and mr board is powering a resistered accent led. now the led isent the one in the store its a 5mm one from radioshack but the specs on it are lower than that of the 3mm ones that tim has so iam underdriving the accent led.

But it is bright as hell.

But anyway is it some kinda feature of the board that when the power levels get low that it just starts flashing on and off telling me "RECHARGE ME!".

Or something to that extent?

neophyl
08-18-2007, 03:17 AM
It is caused by low power.

What happens is it gets power and immediately turns the led on (as you have the switch activated), The batteries light it up but because they are discharged cant supply alot of current so the board turns the led off.

When the led is off the batteries 'recover' slightly as thats the nature of the chemicals used to maek the batteries so after a short time theres enough power to drive the led again so it switches on. Instant flashing cycle.

As the batteries get more depleted the flash rate gets faster.

Jay-gon Jinn
08-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Talk about a "low battery" indicator! :lol:

vortextwist
08-18-2007, 07:24 AM
sweet, well I know where his saber will be today :shock:

goldsaberwarrior
08-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Do what I would do if you have a recargeable saber. Buy a charge that only takes about 15-45 minutes and charge it that way and be done.

Hasid Lafre
08-18-2007, 08:08 PM
And get really crappy run times no thanks.

Yeah it takes about 2.5 hours to recharge and Iam figuring that I got about 1.5hours run time but Iam just guessing here. I may have close to 1.75 hours.

Not to bad.

At the moment iam thinkin about taking the sound out, but then my swiss cheese insident mhs section would make me feel like crap.

But iam thinking about just dremmeling out sections of the mhs to make it louder.

vortextwist
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
take anymore out it will prolly break. :shock: :roll: