PDA

View Full Version : Best led for each color

luis rojas
08-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi :D , I was wondering what led will be the best for one specific color. Because right now we have a lot of options , and I'm sure you guys have tried all of them and know what are the pros and cons of each one so, please share with the rest of us your personal experience. By "best" led I think in brightnes and color, for example: "for blue, I prefer luxeon III blue leds because they're bright enough and not so battery killers, and the color blue resembles more the original film. Royal blue is good but blue is better".
Thanks

Madcow
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey Luis,
I am a fan of the colour blue - but so far, the most impressive colour/brightness combo has been the green K2. That's my opinion.

MC

pockets
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
a properly powered green lux V is brighter, but the batteries required to power it correctly vs the K2, the K2 wins in my book

luis rojas
08-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Thank you guys. So for you the best in green is the K2. Ok, but how about the other colors?

Novastar
08-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I hate to say this, but there are no "better" colors--there are only better solutions given:

* Total battery voltage (and amperage)
* Your blade length, blade diffuser film
* What you want to see in a saber

It is a well-known given that human eyes "react more" to green and red light, and so your eyes might perceive these colors as "the best".

If you're looking for "the brightest" LEDs--heck, you can get one that is super bright, way brighter than a Luxeon... but they will require a junkload of voltage!

So, the tradeoff is always how much power you can provide. As was said here in example, a Lux V *IS* technically brighter (when correctly driven at @700ma & 6.85vF or more) than a K2 Green driven at 1500ma... which only requires 3.85vF.

luis rojas
08-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks Novastar, but I want to know all the guys opinios. What led configuration do you prefer? or what color please you more?.etc. I want to hear all your opinions. Thanks

xwingband
08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I usually hate opinion topics but I can see the meaning behind this one.

-Red vs. Red-Orange... I prefer Red, but many go for Red-orange because it has a noticable lumen boost. I prefer saturated colors though...
-Blues... In the same vein I almost always prefer Royal Blue. To me it's a more saturated color and unless I find myself hardly using Blues or Cyan for that matter.
-Cyan, you probably know the problem here. Bin 1 or 2 only if you want a Cyan color. Some really like the 6 though for a green.

The rest I don't ever find myself bothering too much.

For K2 vs. V... despite the higher draw I like the li-ion voltage with the K2. It pretty much negates the higher draw.

Jonitus
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I stick with Lux III and K2. Quite a few of my customers wanted Lux V, but when I tel them the battery requirements and runtimes they can expect, they go with the K2, which is wicked bright and has awesome runtimes.

For green, K2

For Blue, K2

For Red, Lux III

Novastar
08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok, gonna say it. Wanna hear it? Here it go...

Green... Luxeon K2
Royal Blue... Luxeon III
Red-Orange... Luxeon III

I never did like Cyan and Blue is kind of plain to me also. Amber is nice, but not my style. Although this one Amber FX conversion I made seems to be a nice one, close to yellow.

skywarp181
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Does anyone have pics of the blue and royal blue so we can see the difference?

vortextwist
08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
try here.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

luis rojas
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Thank you so much guys. These days are a lot of options and no so much money to try them so your help is always valuable. Thanks again