PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping Blades

Stinky Bantha
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Xwing's quad wrap thread reminded me of a general question I had, and rather than derail the other thread I thought I'd post a new one that could possibly be added to the FAQ or Thread index.

After that extremely lengthy sentence here's the question: How exactly do you get the film in the blade? Do you wrap it around a rod or dowel and then just stick it up in the blade?

vortextwist
08-09-2007, 07:03 PM
yup, corbins film you will have to unrole and then reroll lenghtwise. ultra's come pre rolled.

xwingband
08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I just unroll it from the way Tim ships it. Then at one end I use my finger to roll it... being extremely cautious about rolling it and not just making a cone! then push it up as far as I can. I then go to the other end and use my finger to wrap it also. That is what tightens it enough to push the rest of the way.

I remember Corbin saying he used a dowel and tape... maybe I'm doing it less than ideal. My fingers are too fat because that 3/4" quad-wrap was a pain... Doubles and single wraps are easy as pie though.

Stinky Bantha
08-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Cool, thanks for the response guys.. I think I'll be trying out a quad-wrap of Corbin's film when I go to order some more stuff from TCSS

Hootini
10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I removed the corbin wrap to remove dust. When I reinserted, there is a seam. I can't figure out a way to get the two ends of the sheet to match perfectly so no seam shows. Any tips? Many thanks!

xwingband
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
There is supposed to be a seam. You can try to cut the excess but it's somewhat difficult to do... mostly a bit of guess work to nail it perfectly.

Hasid Lafre
10-22-2007, 06:42 AM
I dont have a problem rolling up my double. I would imagen I could do it easyer with more than a double.

supertrogdor
10-22-2007, 07:28 AM
there needs to be some overlap, if the seams met perfectly it would be highly visible

Jay-gon Jinn
10-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Using a dowel rod to roll up the Corbin film seems to work best for me, especially when using double, triple or quad wraps. I also use the dowel rod method for rolling up the cellophane gift wrap, though that usually requires a larger dowel to produce the larger roll of film.