PDA

View Full Version : HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

Matboy
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi all!

I'm new here, I'm from Sydney Australia.

I made my first saber hilt last week. I'll post some pics later on today if I get time.

I'm going to try to make an EL one and a LED one for myself to see which I prefer.

Thanks for the all the info you guys have already put up!

GFORCE13
08-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Goodday Mate and welcome to the CSS good luck with your 2 hilts, it is always good to start with an EL first but I personally prefer LED just for the the fact when costuming and wearing the Hilt and someone asks to see it with the Led at least something lights up. :wink:

goldsaberwarrior
08-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Sup. I prefer LED myself. That way you can lightup the hilt without the blade attached. That's just me. Anyway hope your hilts do good.

pockets
08-09-2007, 06:02 AM
hey welcome!

I built an EL first and then an LED, and definately prefer my LED, much brighter and much less hassle.

Jedi-Loreen
08-09-2007, 05:36 PM
The only good thing about EL now, is that it's easier to change blade colors by popping in a new blade. Takes a few seconds. As opposed to a minute or so to unscrew your blade holder, change LEDs and screw the blade holder back on, if it the optics are lined up right. :P

Matboy
08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds like I should just start looking into a LED saber instead from the general feedback.

Braxus
08-13-2007, 06:21 AM
WELCOME BUD!!! My only saber is an EL, I like it but seeing some of these LEDs on youtube really make me want to build a LED for my next saber, dont forget sound!!!!!

Madcow
08-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Welcome,
I'm all about LED sabers personally.

I got a couple friends at the Hillsong school there in Sydney. I may visit someday.

MC