PDA

View Full Version : I have problems logging

08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Hello! Help solve the problem.
Very often try to enter the forum, but says that the password is not correct.
Regrettably use of remembering. Give like to be?
Thank you!

Jedi-Loreen
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Yay, another SPAMMER. :roll:

xwingband
08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
How is it spam though...

All this new "spam" is getting bizarre.

Jedi-Loreen
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
What was posted isn't really SPAM, but looking at the profile, it's got the typical look of a SPAMbot.

I spend part of every day deleting those from the message forum where I'm an Admin.

Fortunately, they can no longer post, just sign up. Till I Delete them. :twisted:

pockets
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
the insane thing about this particular spam bot is that it is the last spambot that spammed on another forum I frequent.

Jay-gon Jinn
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
The midwest garrison of the 501st has a neat way to filterout spambots...when you sign up for membership, there is a page that has images on it with checkboxes that you must check if the image is a Star Wars image. I bet something similar would work here, too.

Strydur
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I do need to create a custom page so the robots dont have it so easy I guess. Most of you can't even imagine how much spam is actually being blocked on a daily basis. I am thinking of switching to Vbulletin in hopes that they arent as spambot friendly. There is actually websites/programs dedicated to helping people spam PHPBB :shock:

vortextwist
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I do need to create a custom page so the robots dont have it so easy I guess. Most of you can't even imagine how much spam is actually being blocked on a daily basis. I am thinking of switching to Vbulletin in hopes that they arent as spambot friendly. There is actually websites/programs dedicated to helping people spam PHPBB :shock:

which is funny becouse like we would actually go or look up their crap.

Firebird21
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
oooh. I like Vbulletin! They have a lot of cool little functions. And a "quick response" area for post whoring! :twisted:

Would switching everything over be as much of a hassle as the last time?