PDA

View Full Version : buying some parts, need a bit help

attacka
08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
sorry for posting another thread, but i need some help if possible.
I am looking to create a saber that can hold a wooden dowel at this time. So far here is what i have for my hilt:
Modular hilt:

Screw on pommel style 5
Double threaded hilt style 4
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
3 claw MHS mount
3 MHS claws
Screw on LED blade holder style 7.

can you guys help me out a bit, is there any other stuff that i need to add to get this saber to hold wooden dowels secure? Also tell me your opinions on that saber.
thanks in advance

Hasid Lafre
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
drill and tap for thumbscrew so you can hold the dowel in place.

But if your gonna go as far as that hilt then I would get an led kit and a blade.

Jedi-Loreen
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe he can't afford the extra $58 right now and will be saving up for it.
Perhaps he just really wants a hilt right now and will get the electronics and a blade when he can.

attacka
08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
i have a few more questions with the LED kits. If i were to buy the kit, is the luxeon 3w driver required? or is this just to add some effects to the luxeon light? also if i buy the kit, does it require sodering or are the wires already attached? and lastly, would it be possible for the store to soder the wires in the kit if it needs sodering?
thanks

xwingband
08-07-2007, 08:01 PM
The kit is exactly that... the basic to light it in "kit" form. So yes, some assembly would be required (soldering). Also, the driver is not needed as stated in the FAQ. It's extra to give some benefits and the effects.

I'm not sure Tim would bother, but it's not terribly hard. It might take him 10 minutes. e-mail him.

attacka
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
alright, cool. thanks for the help everyone.