PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

Ixius
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, I just got Ultra's board in the mail and I'm in the process of converting an Anakin MR ROTS to hold ultrasound. The only problem is, when I disconnected the original sound chip, there are three wires, RED, BROWN, and BLACK. What contact points do they connect to (so that I can put the battery pack in and retain the MR's functionality)?

I know that one goes to the speaker, and two to the batteries, so what's the deal?

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, I just got Ultra's board in the mail and I'm in the process of converting an Anakin MR ROTS to hold ultrasound. The only problem is, when I disconnected the original sound chip, there are three wires, RED, BROWN, and BLACK. What contact points do they connect to (so that I can put the battery pack in and retain the MR's functionality)?

I know that one goes to the speaker, and two to the batteries, so what's the deal?
the speaker and batt pack use a common positive wire. the brown is basically the neg for the speaker.

Ixius
08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
so when I solder the black wire to ultra's board, I only use the one positive terminal, and leave the negative blank??

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
so when I solder the black wire to ultra's board, I only use the one positive terminal, and leave the negative blank??

no, on an mr the speaker pos and bat pos hook together, the batt neg is black and the speaker neg is brown. not sure how you would do the US board.

Ixius
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
hmm...alright...I'll see if anyone else replies. Right now I'm ready to just tear the pack and speaker apart and wire them separately. I don't really know, after opening up the saber I thought it would be easy, but now it seems quite difficult.

xwingband
08-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I knew this would come up... :roll:

You are not going to be able to use the existing guts as is. There are four wires needing to go through with only pins, due to the MR using a common positive. You will need to do something like a gut or modify it to interface in another way.

If it were me I'd gut it and use a rechargeable setup. The Anakin works well for this as there are place to put stuff that isn't non-sensical.

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 06:48 PM
you don't think he could put a jumper wire in? But also putting in recharge stuff would be just as good.

xwingband
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
you don't think he could put a jumper wire in? But also putting in recharge stuff would be just as good.

Jumper wire with what... I'm not following you. :?:

When I had to make a three pin a five pin to use MR guts and Erv's board I eventually redid it with a chassis. The pins as Erv has mentioned are a great way to lose power and degrade the quality.

The best I can think of without significant upgrades would be to take the pins out. Unscrew the top of the battery holder... and split the casing of the MR board to get the pin part out. Then install some quick connects for the power and speaker. Leave plenty of room as you'll just have to push them up in.

Only problem with that is it'll be ugly and you might need shims to keep the batteries from knocking.

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
sorry about that, a wire to bridge the positives for batt and speaker. but thinkin about it, I don't think that would be wise, and prolly won't work anyhow.

Ixius
08-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I'm sure I'll figure something out soon.