PDA

View Full Version : UltraSound ..what would be fair

Strydur
08-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I have 10 extra boards I am willing to part with so far. So what do you think would be the fairest way to sell them off?

Stinky Bantha
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I collect japanese toys as well as Star Wars stuff, and often when there's a limited release to avoid server issues when the release time comes there's a raffle. Basically the people that are interested enter a raffle and the randomly selected winners get to order the toy. It seems to work quite well and there aren't as many frustrated people at the end of the day. Another option to reduce server load would be to set up an ebay store and have the boards at a BIN price. That way everyone goes to ebay and has at it. I dunno if there's really enough people here to make server loads an issue, but it's something to consider.

xwingband
08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I voted to just let them be first come first serve... but that's how I would have wanted instead of the pre-order stuff. I'm going to abstain from buying anyway. I have more spare boards than most dream of having...

Another thing I'd say would be to keep them all or a few for this custom run of an MHS saber I keep hearing about.

Onli-Won Kanomi
08-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I guess my concern with "first come first serve" would be if some 'Sithy' early-Mynock-gets-ALL-the-worms type might think to buy em all up then put them up on eBay at scalper prices...

[I saw a story about some greedy iPhone would-be-buyer bringing 100k and buying first place in line at its launch hoping to buy out a whole store with that kind of scheme in mind and **** over everyone else in line...fortunately there was a one per customer policy that quashed that]

For that reason a 'lottery'/'raffle' where everyone has an equal chance of getting a Ultrasound board seems like it might be 'fairer' to me.

Strydur if you do go with first-come-first serve I hope you'll consider a similar one-per-customer policy.

Firebird21
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Give one to me, and do what ever you want with the rest...

:twisted:

You could put them in the store and limit one per customer.

goldsaberwarrior
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I say first come first serve until ultra makes more like he said. Until we get some more make it as one per person. That's what I would do but it's up to you tim. Either way I need 2 ultra boards. As long as I get them before november I don't care when exactly I get them.

vortextwist
08-05-2007, 07:24 PM
1 per person, 1st come 1st searve

pockets
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
i think a raffle would be the most fair, because for one, not everyone here is even on the same time zone. and i think there are only a few people on the boards who want one, more than 10, but id say less than 25, so the chances of getting one arent like ridiculous

vortextwist
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I would rather screw myself in not getting one when their for sale then having a raffle screw me over for one.

goldsaberwarrior
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Raffle would also be good. I still say 1 per person, 1st come 1st serve till we get more. As long as I get my 2 before november I'm happy. :D

Stinky Bantha
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
The raffle idea is more of a measure to keep the servers from crashing due to overload. I didn't know whether or not that was an issue here so I decided to throw that idea out in the open in case it was. In all honesty I think 1 per person 1st come 1st serve is the best way to do it. The thing is that if the demand is high enough a lot of people would get more bummed having the site crash just as they're placing their order rather than losing a raffle ahead of time.

Jay-gon Jinn
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
First come, first serve, like every other part in the store. There will be more of them made, so I can't see auctioning them to the highest bidder, why a bucnh now to get one, when you could just wait and get it at the regular price later? I like the 1 per customer idea as well.

Barmic Rin
08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
It is a bummer to loose out on a rare part for any number of reasons, (like time zone)

Well, how do you think Me, Phil, Matt, Shadow & co feel? LOL!
Especially with the auctions a while back!
It finished in the morning here, not 1am like I thought it had!!! I could have had those bits!!! GGGRRR!!!!!

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
then you better check now, i just bought one

Barmic Rin
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll go for an Erv 2.5. for now.
May use an ultra in a later hilt.

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
well I got a couple that need one. since don is custom makeing me one. i'll put v2 in that and the US in my parks qui-gon.

xwingband
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
well I got a couple that need one. since don is custom makeing me one. i'll put v2 in that and the US in my parks qui-gon.

Sweet, then my Qui will be different with my v2.5 in it. I like having something no one else has. :P

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
well I fugure save my 2.5 for the custom and US for the parks since I know the luke rotj boards fits in great.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-08-2007, 12:43 AM
i hope if like Tim said, he does a few at a time till theyre gone, there will be one up on friday. i just need 1 ultraboard for right now. i can wait for the 2nd one till later on when Alex makes more up.

goldsaberwarrior
08-08-2007, 12:57 AM
You can call me impatient but I hope I can get to two of them now. If I don't get any now I can wait for the next run (depending on when it is.) If it'll take a while I'll use some erv boards.