PDA

View Full Version : hasbro clash sensor help

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 01:59 PM
i just bought a vader force action saber to get the clash sensor and i wanted to know:
1) this is the clash sensor right? and
2) which side is positive and which is negative?

http://www.geocities.com/theronroxbon/clashsensor.jpg

xwingband
08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Nope, that's the motion sensor. There's only one left it could be so you're set! :lol: :P

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
hmm... the only other thing in there was the main board and i'm assuming the clash sensor is separate. what should the clash sensor look like? i'm trying to take the sensor from the hasbro and use it on the mr board i have. i need the CLASH sensor not the motion sensor right?

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
is it possible that this one doesn't come with a clash sensor?

vortextwist
08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
it's not on the board?

hey where at in omaha? I'm in fremont.

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 03:49 PM
here's a pic of the board:

http://www.geocities.com/theronroxbon/hasbro.jpg

unless that white thing on the board is the clash sensor then there wasn't one... come to think of it, even if i tried to use the clash sensor on the mr board would it even work right since the mr sensor is both motion and clash?

(i'm near northwest high school)

vortextwist
08-05-2007, 03:53 PM
looks like it's the white thing.

not bad about 15 min's away.

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 03:55 PM
so am i able to use this on a mr board and have the mr board give the proper sounds for motion and clash?

xwingband
08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
MR's have different clash and motion sensors too. That white capped thin is indeed the clash sensor. If you want to use it I'd go at it with pliers and an exacto to make sure it comes off cleanly.

TheCheeker
08-05-2007, 04:22 PM
ok well thats a relief... i thought i'd wasted my money on one that wouldn't do what i wanted. :lol: now when i take this off, do i also take the little green board its soldered to or do i remove it from that?

http://www.geocities.com/theronroxbon/hasbro2.jpg

xwingband
08-06-2007, 07:01 AM
The MR board already has motion and clash sound along with the sensors so all you would need is the MR board and there would be no point attaching the hasbro sensors

Or he could have gotten a board without a sensor. The clash sensor is detachable on many... so, there are multiple valid reasons to want one.

TheCheeker
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
yeah i'm using corbin's board and the mr board. Yes i do need to 2 sensors but can't seem to get to the sensor in the mr blade i'm using because there's a pin that WILL NOT come out without damaging the blade which i cant do. :? pics are here if you wanna help me solve that problem:
http://thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3193

for the hasbro sensor, though, should i remove just the white sensor piece or remove it with the green board its on?

Lord Maul
08-06-2007, 04:13 PM
you push the pin in on the MR blade. take a nail punch, put it on the little pin, and smash it with a hammer a couple times. then pull the white plastic thing out. the white thing splits into two halves, and the clash sensor is inside it

TheCheeker
08-06-2007, 04:26 PM
wow and that doesnt ruin the blade?

EDIT: just for clarification, there's no hole on the other side of the blade where this pin is stuck. it looks like it has to be PULLED out as opposed to pushed all the way through.

vortextwist
08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
the pin is only long enough for the thickness of the blade and the plastic piece inside. maybe an 1/4 long.

Lord Maul
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
wow and that doesnt ruin the blade?

EDIT: just for clarification, there's no hole on the other side of the blade where this pin is stuck. it looks like it has to be PULLED out as opposed to pushed all the way through.

it's a really small pin, and is basically impossible to pull out. if you push it in, it doesn't ruin the blade, because it isn't long enough to hit the other side of it.

TheCheeker
08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
wow thank you guys! :D i didn't realize that pin was so small. with a hammer and a little elbow grease i got it and found the clash sensor. what a huge pain for something so small... oh well its done. thanks for the help :D now that i have that i just need the clash sensor off the hasbro board. do i need to keep the little green board or just the white piece?

Lord Maul
08-06-2007, 11:08 PM
just the white piece. all you need is the sensor, and that's what the white thing is.