PDA

View Full Version : Best voltage?

Maliki Skywalker
08-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone, just ripped apart a color changing anakin saber (by hasbro) and was wondering what is the best battery pack to use? ill be using it with a 3watt luxeon

Hasid Lafre
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Get a 4AAA pack and solder a wire inplace of one of the batterys(jumper wire).

Barmic Rin
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Mal, where in the UK did u get the anakin?
I'm looking for an EP3 obi to rip apart for my niece, but can only find the awful self-telescoping ones.

Don't want to try ebay, or rip my one apart. IMHO that has the best sound board for a hasbro.
Since she's four I doubt she'll moan about the 'clah-flash' as much as I have!

Maliki Skywalker
08-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Mal, where in the UK did u get the anakin?
I'm looking for an EP3 obi to rip apart for my niece, but can only find the awful self-telescoping ones.

Don't want to try ebay, or rip my one apart. IMHO that has the best sound board for a hasbro.
Since she's four I doubt she'll moan about the 'clah-flash' as much as I have!

Try amazon or toysrus i picked mine up from toysrus but i have seen them around on amazon

Barmic Rin
08-04-2007, 09:42 AM
I only saw the Self tele's in the TRU near me, and trying to find a member of staff to check the warehouse is nye-on impossible!

Oh well, i'll give them another go! Cheers!

Novastar
08-04-2007, 04:45 PM
You can use a single Li-Ion 3.7v cell to power either Luxeon III ("dark side" colors are 2.95 fwd v, "light side" colors are 3.4 or 3.85, something like that).

I doubt you'd notice the difference between giving them 4.5v alkaline and the single Li-Ion setup. I can't, and I have many sabers powered in many ways. They are all relatively "the same" with the exception of the Plecter board driven ones, which are by far the best brightness.

xwingband
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
3.7V with a hasbro unless the LED is driven seperately would be too low. That particular Hasbro uses 4.5V normally too.