PDA

View Full Version : Ha all new guy here . needs help

bronxbat
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Ha all

I am new to this forum am i never made a saber befor. so what i am looking to do is make a saber as simply as i can { with sound} can you guys help me out

thanks
Paul

Lord Maul
08-01-2007, 12:02 AM
how about you poke around yourself. there is a entire topic off the main index for beginners :roll:

Jedi-Loreen
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Be sure to read the very first part of the forum, at the top of the Main Page, called, "New to the saber scene? Start Here"

bronxbat
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
the part i need help with is the sound board? what board do you guys use and how to you hook it up to the led drivers and power

thanks
Paul

Lord Maul
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Once again, a little poking will find the answers. look in the cutaway views and wiring schematics forum.

as for sound boards, there are several options (ordered from worst to best)

Hasbro (15-20 bucks depending on the saber you gut it from)
MR (45 bucks on average)
Ultrasound (80ish bucks)
Crystal Focus (125-135 bucks)

do searches to figure out which one of these boards best suits your needs

Jedi-Loreen
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
There are 3 different boards that people here usually use, depending on availability and what they can afford. Master Replica Sound boards, Ultra's new boards that are coming out, and Erv's Crystal Focus boards.

Like Maul said, check out the "Cutaway views and wiring schematics" forum for how to wire the MR boards, and check out the "Saber sound" forum for more info about the other sound boards.

Firebird21
08-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Once again, a little poking will find the answers. look in the cutaway views and wiring schematics forum.

What DPF is trying to say is that this is too general of a question. As you read through the forums you will find that there are several different types of Sound Boards and even more types of power. Sometimes you need a diver, sometimes you don't. Each saber is different and requires knowledge of each component to be used.

But generally speaking, the most common Sound Board used to date is the Master Replica S/B taken right out of there factory sabers. You would have to look up a wiring diagram to see the specifics, but the battery hooks to it, is controlled by a switch, and drives the LED, no need for a driver.

Other end of the spectrum is Erv's Cristal Focus board, most affectionately referred to as "Buttered Toast" ironically because that's about the only thing it can't do... Right now... :wink:

As for a driver, that is mostly used when there is no Sound Board. It's rather obsolete in my mind with the advent of the M.R., Ultra, and Buttered Toast sound boards, because they are all LED drivers as well as sound boards.

As I'm sure Lord Maul, The Dr. Pepper Fetcher, was trying to say, this information should help you to search for the information you desire. It would be impossible to give all that information in a single post or topic because it is derived from almost 2 years of topics, discussions, and trial and error.

Enjoy!

goldsaberwarrior
08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes look in the part of the forum that says New to the saber scene? Start here. Tim has tutorials that explain how to wire everything up and put everything together. Once you read that ask around if you don't get something or need help. The people here will help as best as we can.

bronxbat
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Ha guys I would just like to say thank you for the help. I am still thinking about the sound board ? but as for the rest of the saber I know what I am going to do

thanks
Paul

GFORCE13
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Are you planning on building this as a Stunt Saber then I recommend the simpler the better, but if it is your show Hilt then you might want to depending on the board you might want to think about adding a second switch to shut off the sound and for those times it gets out of sync if you are using a seperate Led Board. 8)