PDA

View Full Version : I need some suggestions..

Strydur
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I decided to take a break and screw around for a little while today. I am making as far as I know the first ever dual bladed (on the same end) saber. What LED's and colors should I use? Should they both be the same color? Toss me your suggestions..

ti-el_terall
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Blue and red. That would be awsome, except the red might drown out the blue.

Maybe blue and green? Iv been thinking about a saber like this for quite some time, good luck on it.

Hasid Lafre
07-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Sounds like an awsome idea tim. I may have to contact you about that sometime.

I would try an amber with a blue....would look sick.

Jedi-Loreen
07-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it would look sick. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0001.gif

In my opinion, those 2 colors would not compliment each other very well. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0025.gif Not like blue and green would.

Hasid Lafre
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Well I got the idea when I seen a render at RS. Its basicly kinda like this idea except its an oringish blade but has like a second emitter type thing with blue lightning comming out and coing around the blade.

Like its an eletrical type thing keeping the saber beam intact.

Barmic Rin
07-30-2007, 12:29 AM
How about red-orange & amber?

Are they running parallel or at an angle, say 30 degrees, Roblio Darte-style?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/b/be/Forked_Lightsaber.JPG/250px-Forked_Lightsaber.JPG

I have a buddy that wanted a hilt that looked like it could split in two, so you'd have one red, one yellow, but combine then together & you get orange in one blade. Your setup may be the closest he's gonna get to how he wants.

goldsaberwarrior
07-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Cool tim didn't know you were a fan of double hilts. If you want to use 2 different colors I would use a cyan and a green. Don't think 2 different colors would look right but you could say you got them off a sith lord you defeated and he modded them to make a double hilt. lol :) Seriously though I recommend using blue or amber for your first one. Last depending on where you will grip the saber I recommend putting a good comfortable grip there. I'll probably be contacting you soon on some parts. I'll be finishing up my first ever saber from here which happens to be a double hilt very fast. It's this one from jedi academy.
http://sitharchives.com/other/images/jka/dual1.jpg
Once I get this one I'll move onto some doubles made for dual wielding. I'm a little :oops: but I've been trying to get this one built since jedi academy came out. I'll get it eventually. Anyway good luck with your hilt. Please post pics when you get it done if you don't mind.

Hasid Lafre
07-30-2007, 01:03 AM
A heman style sword? Where it splits in half. that would be sick BR.

Barmic Rin
07-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I didn't realise you were old enough to rememeber He-man Hasid. LOL!!!

But yeah, basically that's what my buddy wants. May do it with a quick change LED system, so he can yellow/red apart, double orange together.
Oh, BTW i'm still waiting for that store to get back to me on the 'Amber' lux's.
I'll let you know asap, k?

Strydur
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Here is what it looks like at this point. I might make the handle longer as this thing is pretty top heavy.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/images/dualsaber.jpg

xwingband
07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I say green LEDs. It's just like the crazy gauntlet thing they had in the concept artwork.

fau-pa ramid
07-30-2007, 09:54 AM
How about red-orange & amber?

Are they running parallel or at an angle, say 30 degrees, Roblio Darte-style?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/b/be/Forked_Lightsaber.JPG/250px-Forked_Lightsaber.JPG

I have a buddy that wanted a hilt that looked like it could split in two, so you'd have one red, one yellow, but combine then together & you get orange in one blade. Your setup may be the closest he's gonna get to how he wants.

OMG roblio darte is my favorite jedi ever!!! :D

Novastar
07-30-2007, 11:04 AM
With all that room and aluminum real-estate... why not make it RGB for both? Or at least one?? :)

I see enough heatsinking...
I see enough room for many batteries...
I see plenty of room for drivers...

Am I wrong?

Darth Tollo
07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
That is sweet! Like Conrol Freak on Teen Titans. His are both amber. I say blade the center emitter too, add a shaft and make a trident.

Hasid Lafre
07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
He used 4 different colors.

YEs BR I remember heman. I used to have some old vhs tapes of him.

But they were different. It played like a comic book with voices and sounds.

Really cool IMO

I turn 24 in september

BTW tim that hilt is sick looking. how duelable would that be with the 2 blades that far apart?

I was thinking something with them closer togeather.

Still sweet non the less. I would deffinatly get one.

goldsaberwarrior
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmm... interesting design. Reminds me of the y-sabers as they sometimes call them. I recommend extending the length of the hilt out and making that hilt a double hilt. By double hilt I mean make the same thing on the other side of the saber. It looks to me like you're going for 2 blades on one side of the saber. If you wanted to you may fix so you can get 2 blades on each end. If you do that I recommend using a green and cyan on 1 side and an amber and red on the other. Don't know if that's what you're trying to do or not but looks interesting.

Lord Maul
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
that thing will be freakin awesome when it's done tim 8)

my vote would be for 2 red orange leds

Barmic Rin
07-31-2007, 02:56 AM
Has, you're not as young as I thought! V.cool.

So, when are you gonna be selling the parts for them Tim?
You know we all want them!!!!!

Marsupial
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Here is what it looks like at this point. I might make the handle longer as this thing is pretty top heavy.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/images/dualsaber.jpg

Can you make this in 3 blades, triangularly placed? I think it would look great.

supertrogdor
07-31-2007, 11:58 AM
anything is possible with enough incentive and tenacity Mars, as for the suggestions Tim requests, i am with Nova, go with the RGB and have all colors at your disposal

Lord Maul
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
HEY!!!

that uses the thin neck piece that corbin posted in the wish list thread 8)

Marsupial
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, and with the "2 cylinder connector", I think we open a potential way to the TCBS "The Custom Blaster Shop"... I know I think about getting some of them for blaster making...

Strydur
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
The main problem with making it 3 bladed is that the wires need to go up through that center modified blade holder. I could probably use a 3/4" blade but I dont think that would look as cool. Maybe just a lighted crystal sticking out??

goldsaberwarrior
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I was suggesting making 2 sabers like that and make it so they can connect and form a 4 bladed saber. Sorry for confusion. :)

Novastar
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
The main problem with making it 3 bladed is that the wires need to go up through that center modified blade holder. I could probably use a 3/4" blade but I dont think that would look as cool. Maybe just a lighted crystal sticking out??3 blades would be pretty heavy too, unless you used only thin-walled tubes, and made them shorter or more balanced.

I think a lighted crystal would be cool though--good idea, Tim.

Hasid Lafre
07-31-2007, 07:40 PM
How much space is there between the 2 blades?

Barmic Rin
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like Tim has ripped a Droideka's arm out of the socket?
I need these parts!!!

Novastar
08-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Good point... that's a LOT of metal. Aluminum to be precise. Man, must be HEAVY!

gundamaniac
09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Oooh. I know this is basically impossible, but having a main blade coming up out of that hilt and three auxilary shorter blades (out of the two side emitters and the bottom of the hilt) would just be insanely cool to me, being an anime fan who loves crazy out-there sword designs.

And that's insane Tim...next you should work on a gauntlet version like the concept artwork for...i believe it was Plo Koon?

Enolmano
09-11-2007, 11:57 AM
It's crazy. It's odd. I love it :D

For the colors I would say either blue and green, or two of the same.

It reminds me a bit of the Halo Energy Sword
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/472/1084320575.jpg

gundamaniac
09-11-2007, 05:23 PM
It sort of does, huh...except for the non-flat blades...

DACOTA
10-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey Tim I'm curious, did you take this design from the e-mail that had this design of mine in it? Man I feel like I got jacked, I know I didnt.It looks cool though.

alpine
10-30-2007, 05:14 AM
i like the idea you have there tim, and you have kinda inspired me to auto cad a couple of drafts and see what i can create based on what you have already created. i think i may go for more of an axe look.