PDA

View Full Version : just a technical question

Jargo
07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Ok guys i am planning to get started with a saber (finaaly and thnx for the loads of help everyone) and i just have one last question.I am going to be using the below items for the hilt with the exact same order i plan on building it.
Screw on LED blade holder style 4
MHS ribbed extension
Double threaded hilt style 1
Screw on pommel style 5
Now i am not really sure i will be able to drill and tap the thumbscrew having the ribbed extension first instead of the main sink tube.Oh and one more thing.Obviously i will need a MHS to sink tube adapter and i was wondering if the adapter would fit between the ribbed extension and the blade holder.Can someone please confirm and tell me that my thoughts are wrong so i can change the order of assembly or else just tell me that we have blast off :D

Jedi-Loreen
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
First of all, you drill and tap for the thumb screw in the blade holder. It's meant to keep the blade in the holder so it doesn't fly out when you swing the saber.

If you want to add a Covertech knob, you have to decide where you want to put that on the hilt and drill and tap for that, too.

Secondly, why do you assume you need a sink tube adapter? You only need that if you are using a sink tube as the main hilt body. If you are using MHS hilt parts, you don't need one.