PDA

View Full Version : sound help

goldsaberwarrior
07-21-2007, 12:43 AM
This is something I need your all's help with. Can you all suggest a sound board that will do some of the same things as the ultra? Before you all say for sure I can't order erv's because it's out of my price range and my mom won't hardly let me order outside the U.S.A. Nothing against erv I'm sure his stuff is good I just can't afford it. I need one without the auto shut off.

vortextwist
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
good luck, I don't think there is one. maybe a hasbro.

Lord Maul
07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I need one without the auto shut off.

i really don't get what you're talking about. NONE of the sound boards in existence will turn off automatically while you're spinning. what happens is you hit the power switch accidentally. Only the MR to my knowledge turns off automatically AFTER it hasn't been moved for 2 or 3 minutes

Jay-gon Jinn
07-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Hasbro's boards also have auto shut-off. It's a battery run-down protection feature. I doubt you'll find a board outside of Erv's or Ultra's that won't have auto-shut-off. You could always try Lightech's board....

Jedi-Loreen
07-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Lightech's offering isn't a board, per se, it's a module. Though I suppose you could take it apart.

It sounds like crap though. I bought one years ago, which I never ended up using, then it started screwing up and now doesn't work at all. It's somewhere in one of my junk drawers.

Go on their website and listen for yourself to see how crappy it sounds:
http://lightechindustries.com/main.html

goldsaberwarrior
07-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Is there a way to disable the auto shut off.

Stinky Bantha
07-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Don't worry about auto shut-off.

As long as you're using the saber and the motion sensor is being used it won't shut off by itself. If you turn it on and just leave it there and it's not moving it will turn itself off after a few minutes to save batteries.

If that doesn't work I can't think of any other way to say it that will get you to understand that auto shut-off is a non-issue with what you're talking about.

Novastar
07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
[size=16][color=blue]Lightech's offering isn't a board, per se, it's a module. Though I suppose you could take it apart.

It sounds like crap though.I e-mailed them numerous times when I first began with BOP I. No answers, ever. Called twice--no answer or perhaps I left messages. No response.

I would have to say that the only sounds cards that will be/are worth it are FX, Crystal Focus & Ultra's.

For those wanting a cheapo board--go with a Hasbro. For those whining about THOSE being too expensive... well, go make your own and see if YOU can keep the cost under $15 or whatever (likely price of a Hasbro, if that.)

vortextwist
07-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't think lightech is in buisiness anymore, I went to their web about a month ago to try and order an crown emitter and the phone has been disconnected and their email isn't working.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
When they were selling them, they did offer them in kit form. I almost bought one, but couldn't figure out what the voltage and current requirements for it were, so I passed on it. It also didn't sound very good on their site.

Hasid Lafre
07-22-2007, 08:34 AM
I have been trying to contact matt at light tech for years and had never got a responce of any sort back.

To be honest I think the guy died over there.

Jedi-Loreen
07-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Matt? The guy I've talked to, and met at Dragon*Con in '03 was Mike.

Hasid Lafre
07-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Or yeah mike. my bad. anyway I dont think anyones alive over there anyway.