PDA

View Full Version : Different rubber grips.

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I was wondering if people would mind telling what they use besides the traditional rubber grips, I've seen all sorts of types but I have no idea how I would go about getting some.

Hasid Lafre
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
:wink:

I have heard about people using mousepads. this stuff at radioshack they put on there cellphones so they dont slide of the dash of a car and out the window(Had that happen).

Umm people have use leather cord, and some thing that looks like leather but has a sticky backing on it.

Theres stuff in a spray can called plastidip comes in many colors and if you plan on using that maskoff what you want for a grip, spray the plastidip in a couple coats maybe 3 depending how light it comes out. then before its compleatly setup take the tape off. by peeling it off or using a small hobby knife.

Theres many options for grips. I know some of that soft leather. forget what its name is but you could use a highly stickey gluein a spray can and glue it to the hilt.

So good luck. the grips for lightsabers can be just about anything.

And no iwasent joakinga bout the mousepad thing.

Novastar
07-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I've been using a spray on solution that can be found at a hardware store. It's the kind of thing you'd see on stairs to make "non-slip" surfaces.

Works well for me, and prevents slippage, plus it does not really increase the OD of the saber--which is something I'm always trying to avoid... :)

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
cool, thanks. I'm going to be going to Home Depot today to get some 1.25" sink tubes so that's perfect.

Novastar
07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
No problem. I realize it really isn't a "rubber grip", but I can safely say that it REALLY makes a difference on both sink tube and TCSS parts... and again, no real change in the hilt OD.

Ok, well only something microscopic, heheh :)

Just make sure to follow the directions. You'll want to do at least two coats, and do so OUTSIDE or in a highly ventilated area. Plus, at present I've no idea if the stuff will wear off within a short amount of time, or a long period.

So far, I've had no problems, but I only sprayed it on the Flange sabers when they were created, which is only--what--months ago??