PDA

View Full Version : saber auto shut off.

goldsaberwarrior
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Tim's speakers don't shut off automaticaly like the hasbro sabers do they? There's nothing more annoying than that. Also tell me the ultrasound board doesn't do that.

Er Dan Gill
07-16-2007, 08:30 PM
ADP - Accidental Deactivation Prevention
Another original UltraSaber design. The saber will turn on with one press of a momentary contact switch. It will stay on until the switch is held down for approx one second. Then it will turn off. This will help prevent accidental deactivation.

darthdan
07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
and it's not the speakers, it's the sound board. and yes MR boards do this too

goldsaberwarrior
07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
So you would have to use a momentary switch on the ultraboard. Still does tim's speakers turn off automaticaly after a while like the hasbro boards.

goldsaberwarrior
07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
So if I use a corbin board with one of tim's speakers it will shut off automaticaly? If so that sucks. I hate a saber that does that. There's nothing more annoying when you're practicing your saber attacks and the saber turns off. Seriously isn't it very annoying though.

Er Dan Gill
07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes very annoying, but Corbins board does nothing with sound. Its only an LED driver, it will only handle the lighting aspect of your saber. Having the right switch will help too. Tim has a switch in the shop that will prevent this from happening to you (Switch #7). I have this one on my hardware saber, since swapping this one in, its never been accidentally turned off.

goldsaberwarrior
07-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Corbin himself told me you can mount a speaker for sound to his boards and it will work. He told me where to mount it. You have to mount it opposite to the switch. Anyway I could show you where to mount it before I could tell you easy.

Lord Maul
07-17-2007, 12:09 AM
goldsaberwarrior, corbin's board needs to be wired together with a SEPERATE sound card to have sound. it is ONLY a light driver.

you should read everything here for a couple days, you've missed a lot in your year being away

erv
07-17-2007, 12:50 AM
A-POP : Anti Power Off Protection (I love acronyms)
(using the aux button on my crystal focus V2.5 sound board + luxeon driver).
yep, again, to clarify this topic : a speaker DOES NOT have "auto power off", it's the chip in the sound board that has a timer, and after a certain time of non activity (no change on the motion sensor), it will turn off the whole electronic.

goldsaberwarrior
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
He told me how to wire a speaker like the hasbros to his driver. I knew they had to be seperate units. Sorry for the confusion.

Marsupial
07-17-2007, 06:04 AM
He told me how to wire a speaker like the hasbros to his driver. I knew they had to be seperate units. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm very certain Corbin never said to wire a speaker to his board... most likely he said you could wire a sound board like Hasbro's to his board, cause you can, but not a speaker. Anyway, Hasbro's soundboard works well with ANY speaker, and STILL have the auto-power-off feature.

note: if you have a speaker alone, you won't have sound. The speaker only plays what you make it play...

goldsaberwarrior
07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Forget it. All I'm doing is confusing the heck out of myself and you all. I'm not gonna bother saying anything else.

Novastar
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Confusing people is the POINT of electronics! :)

They are supposed to do a myriad of complex things. Don't get frustrated by something tough. Just relax and keep at it.

Mars and the others are simply saying that Corbin's board does not produce sound... BUT... because you'd be feeding power into the board, it could just as easily give that power to a hasbro that is "tied in" to the Corbin, and thus, you could get sound.

You can tie all sorts of electronics together. Whether they are relevant to one another is a different story. In most cases, electronics are simply going to need a + line and a - line from a power source, and they are good to go.

Hasid Lafre
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok corbins board is a led driver only no sounds. nun nada zip zelch.

Why he would say adding a speaker to it will make sounds is beyond me.

goldsaberwarrior
07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Unless one of you can suggest a sound board that doesn't have auto shut off I'm screwed until ultra comes out with his boards and I'm able to get some. For now I have to improvise. Until then if anyone can suggest a board to use please tell me where to get it. :)

vortextwist
07-17-2007, 08:35 PM
the mr's only auto shut off when they don't move for an set amount of time. saves batteries.

erv
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
yep, it's been invented FOR that... and add the fact that some people talking about electronic really believe that the others perfectly understand him (what the hell this guy is talking about ?? :lol:)

Confusing people is the POINT of electronics! :)

Hasid Lafre
07-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Dosent ultras also have an auto shutoff?

But the auto shut off only applys if the hilt hasent been moved. kinda like the kids that get bored with it after they turn it on.

Novastar
07-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Ultra's might... I can say that he's adding a feature that allows the saber to keep its settings even if the batteries die or are "cut" via a kill switch.

The Force FX board times out after 2 minutes and will "kill" itself. I don't even think it triggers the "off" retraction noise. Probably a good failsafe for kids who leave their saber on and parents who don't want to buy 18,000 alkalines... ;)

Hasid Lafre
07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Ultra said that the programing is gonna change. The reprograming you have to do when the batterys are dead or taken out is gone. it will prolly be another button press of sorts to access the menu again if the board is used for another saber.

vortextwist
07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Ultra's might... I can say that he's adding a feature that allows the saber to keep its settings even if the batteries die or are "cut" via a kill switch.

The Force FX board times out after 2 minutes and will "kill" itself. I don't even think it triggers the "off" retraction noise. Probably a good failsafe for kids who leave their saber on and parents who don't want to buy 18,000 alkalines... ;)

ya you get the retraction noise also.

erv
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
funny, it reminds me something, I can't say what... something like a occydiary button or something :mrgreen: :wink:

it will prolly be another button press of sorts to access the menu again if the board is used for another saber.

scott5050
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
MR boards show up on eBay pretty regularly