PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Gauntlets.

Jacen_Aurion
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Is it possible to get both a right and a left gauntlet like Anakin wears in RotS.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/GreatestQuest/074.jpg

and I mean That gauntlet ^^^^

Barmic Rin
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
There was somewhere that done left or right, I think it was starbasescostumes, or something like that. Check the links on mystikmerchant for their site.

vortextwist
07-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought I saw some on ebay.

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I need both the Left and Right hands for my costume because early on in my movie my character has both of his hands cut off (at the middle of his lower arm).

Barmic I am not finding the starbasecostumes place. If I could get some help on this that'd be much appreciated, cuz I don't have a whole lot of time to search for stuff lately.

Hasid Lafre
07-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Spend a couple min on ebay iam sure something will come up

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I'll check again but all i get is the right hand gauntlet.

EDIT:
*a minute and a half later*

there are 8 items listed on ebay all of them are right hand ones only. I really need both, I mean if worst comes to worst I can try to live without a left one but I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like to find a left one.

ti-el_terall
07-17-2007, 11:31 AM
You woudl have to get one custom made, no other way. This gloves are made to be mass produced, even the better ones. Its not like alotof people would be looking for a lefty one.

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 12:00 PM
right. where about should I go getting one custom made?

ti-el_terall
07-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Fabric store, then either sew with the patterns or get someone else to do it.

These will come in handy for you
http://www.sonsofthesuns.com/tutorials/anakinglove.pdf

Jacen_Aurion
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks Ti-El you are awesome. I should be able to make them myself.

Wolverine
07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
...Barmic I am not finding the starbasecostumes place....

That's because it's "Starfortress" :lol: Try looking here = http://www.starfortressproductions.com/navigation.html

Just a small tip though, I have heard alot of mixed feedback on this vendor, totally inconsistant behavior from them. :twisted:

LAN-ED-TUL
07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
from what i heard, STAY AWAY from that vendor, they got a very bad rep. cheap flimsy junky products.

Hasid Lafre
07-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes stay far away, far far far away.

Barmic Rin
07-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Thanks for clearing it up Wolvy.

I heard they weren't too bad, but I try to get my stuff over here where possible. Thankfully the girl i'm seeing works for a big costume company, they're just innundated with work ATM, else she would have done a better tunic for me for CE.

Jacen, have a word with a few costumers, see if they can put one together for you. (My girl's company would be expensive for just a glove, they're mainly used for bulk orders from TV companies)

I'm sure there must be a few lefty Ani's in 501st/RL/KOTE, check them out.

Marsupial
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
if its for a custom character, you should try to locate other gloves and adapt them to your character. I mean; not everyone who looses an arm uses the same glove.

You could check for sports gear.