PDA

View Full Version : Help Graflex LED Saber

skywarp181
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Can someone let me know what i will need to convert my replica graflex to an led saber? 3W with a blue light. what parts will i need to get? ive read so much that now im pretty lost??? :?

thanks
Rudy

Novastar
07-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I believe the parts are available through the store...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/c-35-graflexheiland.aspx

ti-el_terall
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, you will need a wrap of automative tape on the holder if you are using a replica graflex.

X
02-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Also, you will need a wrap of automative tape on the holder if you are using a replica graflex.

What do you mean Auto Tape, cuz I got a replica coming in soon. And I have no idea how to convert it, But isn't that the fun of it

LAN-ED-TUL
02-11-2008, 04:24 AM
electrical tape.

Count Malik
02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I think you can get some parts from the store to find a tuturial... I had a good web site that tells you how to convert strictly graflex sabers. All I did was google it because i wanted to do a graflex saber, but disided not to. But try that if nothin shows up, there is always people here at TCSS forums that can help you out!

LAN-ED-TUL
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
the graflex i have, a real one, i put a hasbro board in it, and a TCSS blade holder, his older first ones, that the heatsink bolted to the bottom of the holders. and just sanded it down til it fit inside the graflex top section, and i driled and tapped a couple 6/32 holes through the outside psrtially into the holder itself. used button head bolts to secure it. the pins area, i used black magic marker to color it in, and i drilled and tapped holes to rescreww the original pins into the blade holder on each side.

there was one additional hole driled and tapped into the holder where the stock screw is between the squares on the bottom side at the emiiter end, so mine is hel by 3 points to the graflex, its not goin anyplace.

of course life is much easier now, since tim has a graflex core blade holder now. i had to make a stock holder work in mine.

for the switch, i grooved a couple lines into the blade holder along it sides up to where the red button is on top. i used a momentary micro switch under the red button. the wires run down the blade holder in the grooves i cut with the dremel down to the hasbro board. the speaker was mounted in the bottom half with some holes drilled in the end for sound. i made a cradle of a wood tube to slip the hasbro board into, mounting the motion and clash sensors to its ends of the wood cradle via small wood scews.

a spacer to make a 3/4 inch gap between the speaker and the hasbro cradle. the batt pack sits in the middle and goes partially into the top, and lower portion of handle.

using the new graflex holder tim now has, it will be a snap to throw a luxeon setup in a real or replica graflex now.