PDA

View Full Version : 25$+ sabers at walmart

Orgazmo
01-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Is it possible to use the sound board out of one of these for a EL saber? i have one and was just curious to see if i could add it in. All im looking for is the sound. If it has been used how does it go about being wired up. Sorry if this has already been posted. I did search first but found nothing.

Wolverine
01-16-2006, 11:02 PM
See This Topic =http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38 [:D]

xwingband
01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
How could you search yet miss the Saber sound forum we have now?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=171

^^^ the EL sound thread. The trick I hear is a voltage reducer.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Orgazmo
01-17-2006, 01:01 AM
man now im a liar. I swear people get off on saying crap like that to new people. No i didnt see that forum. to the first poster...thank you.

Mur-Pa DiLos
01-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Please, lets not get into it again, it is just that if you look thoroughly enough, you should find topics labeled "Saber Sound" etc. In short, yes you can build a lightsaber from a hasbro board, which you can buy at WalMart like I did. After I build it I'll tell you how it goes and give all the info I can learn from it, but it will be in the right area. Look under LED saber hilts and wiring discussions or EL's or just under Saber sound.

Thanks, Xwing just likes to point out the obvious, he doesn't do it to hurt anybody's feelings. If you did search, you'd learn that.

[:D]

xwingband
01-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry if my posts come off as mean. Even if you did search, you must have put some funky terms in. I put in "hasbro sound" and got 3 relavant threads.

Again I'm sorry but to miss a whole forum is hard to understand. Contrary to my posting style I'm not a jerk.[:I]

Orgazmo
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
ah i didnt search like that. I did a browse with my eyes search and even went in maybe...12 topics and they didnt answer my question.

i knwo you dont mean anything by it but its anoyying when someone new comes on a forum and right away they start asking questions and get attacked. Its childish.

Mur-Pa DiLos
01-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Sorry Xwing,

I was referring to the "other time" you know, the posting that turned into a "I love you man" post.[:p] I know you mean well, and like I said, if others knew that about you by reading, maybe the newbies wouldn't get offended so quickly. I read every post before writing on this forum. Tim... thanks and may the force be with you.[:D] Xwing... even though it can be sometimes misinterpreted, I think we all know that you mean well.[:D]

WeirdoTransvestite
01-20-2006, 08:01 AM
forums are only 3 months old and the "Search n00b" flames already begin

Those who see the light at the end of the tunnel, need to stop staring at the sun.

xwingband
01-20-2006, 10:06 AM
That's part of the what gets me. At three month's old none of the forums are longer than 2 pages (except Misc Topics). Even a just looking at subjects should answer most "n00b" questions. To miss forums completely or not bother to post in the correct area tells me you didn't bother to scroll down the page. You just popped in dropped your question and left.

Yes, we could answer it. We almost always do, and if not we refer you to the relevant thread.[;)]

Noobs are much appreciated too. Sometimes they bring new insight, and just the fact that this place would get horribly boring without new posters.[;)][:D]

Mur-Pa DiLos, I didn't even notice that's what you meant.[:p] Indeed love all around for us saber builders.[:D]

Orgazmo
01-20-2006, 10:48 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">to miss forums completely or not bother to post in the correct area tells me you didn't bother to scroll down the page. You just popped in dropped your question and left.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

then i must be a complete retard or maybe your just calling me a liar. Thanks for making me feal welcome. (insert rolling eye smiley here)

xwingband
01-20-2006, 11:03 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Orgazmo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">to miss forums completely or not bother to post in the correct area tells me you didn't bother to scroll down the page. You just popped in dropped your question and left.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

then i must be a complete retard or maybe your just calling me a liar. Thanks for making me feal welcome. (insert rolling eye smiley here)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

[:0]

I'm not calling anyone a retard or a liar. I never said you. In general that's what happens. I NEVER said anything against you. You're getting this out of the air.

Perhaps you just spaced and missed it... Honestly I don't care. If I came out calling you either of those fine, but I didn't. People miss things all the time. I give the same response, noobs do not hold an exclusive on this.

Peace man.[8D]

Orgazmo
01-23-2006, 12:33 AM
but the thing you dont understand is im far from being a newb. just cause i just signed up on this specific forum doesnt mean im a newb to the forum scene. That is what your emplying to as i dont know how to search. If it wasnt directed towards me and you wanna complain about "newbs" not searching then make a new topic about it. Dont hijack my thread saying that stuff. Cause it comes off as directed at me cause i just signed on to these forums and i am the topic starter.

Ill also have you know im a moderator on 2 other furms and im also a Admin on another. So im very far from being a newb.
But no need to worry. Ill take my posts to another forum and my business elsewhere. Im sure Tim will thank you directly for that considering in the next year i would have been ordering probably 4-500$ worth of stuff.

Oh yeah, and read your above post where you say that you didnt say "you" as in me specifically, then read it again. You did point me out specifically.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To miss forums completely or not bother to post in the correct area tells me <font color="blue"><font size="3">you</font id="size3"></font id="blue"> didn't bother to scroll down the page. <font color="blue"><font size="3">You</font id="size3"></font id="blue"> just popped in dropped your question and left.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I rest my case. I bid everyone adu (sp) and happy saber building. Thanks xwing whatever your name is.

Strydur
01-23-2006, 12:47 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ill take my posts to another forum and my business elsewhere. Im sure Tim will thank you directly for that considering in the next year i would have been ordering probably 4-500$ worth of stuff.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Do what you got to do man. I am not going say anything to xwing or any other member unless I see them blantely attacking other members. I would rather spend my time parenting my kids than parenting these boards. If you feel that the way xwing talks to you somehow reflects how I run my business and therefore would rather not do business with me then that is your choice.

Locking this thread as there is no usefull information in it.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop