PDA

View Full Version : my first lightsaber

pieman888
07-09-2007, 11:51 PM
ok im thinking of making my own lightsaber, im thinking of a hilt designed on vaders but with a green blade, can i have a list of parts of what i might need. what is the cheapest blade system and which works best. are your lightsabers durable and how long will they last . also is this the cheapest place to buy parts for a lightsaber

Jedi-Loreen
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Dude, look in the store, for what's in the Basic Electronics kits.

Do some reading on the Forum threads. Look at the tutorial threads. People aren't going to want to answer such basic questions when the answers are already here.

I hope I don't sound like too much of a Bi-otch, but don't be so lazy. Find out some things for yourself first, then come back and ask specific questions.

We've already had several people ask for the same information in the last couple of weeks. :roll: Most of us aren't just going to hand that information to you without some effort on your part.

This is a Do-it-yourself kind of place, so get to some "doing", yourself, first, please.

pieman888
07-10-2007, 12:14 AM
oh :(

scott5050
07-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Start by going through the galleries and playing with the MHS builder a bit - get some ideas first.

xwingband
07-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Loreen and others aren't meaning to be intentionally harsh... but a lot of that can be figured out by going through the store and adding it up. There are basic tutorials up, look at them and get a sense of what is required.

Like the durability question... try the search feature. There are lots of good threads already for that.

I find the last question a bit rude (and I don't even own the place)... the forum is attached to a store. Do you walk into McDonalds and ask if another place has cheaper burgers? I can tell you right off the bat though, no other place will have as much of the parts you need in one place.

tobu
07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
ok im thinking of making my own lightsaber, im thinking of a hilt designed on vaders but with a green blade, can i have a list of parts of what i might need. what is the cheapest blade system and which works best. are your lightsabers durable and how long will they last . also is this the cheapest place to buy parts for a lightsaber

Hi pieman :) ,
I'm a newbe like you. :(

but for different months I have read (almost) all the posts of this forum!
I have learned so many useful things, I have understood some more, and I still have some doubt...

but it's not this, after all, the real pleasure of the knowledge? :o

and with a more difficulty: I am Italian and my English is very bad!

but believe me: in these pages can be learned all that serves to realize the dream of a lightsaber! :D

enough only to feel patience and the like looking for!

then, the friends of the forum certainly will help you for yours small doubts of newbe! :D

I have already maked two orders from Tim.
And I has always forgotten something (and this, for the consignment in italy, costs a bit). But it is correct so (being wrong is learned). :)
I don't know if he is the cheapest, but sure he is punctual and kind.

the only suggestion that I can give you is: read, read, read!

ciao :)