PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound users

goldsaberwarrior
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I plan on getting an ultrasound device when they come out. How about the rest of you.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I have already pre-ordered and paid for two of them through Ul;tra's store.

xwingband
07-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Unless tim ordered extra above his pre-orders you are out of luck for a while.

Considering the poll... No, I didn't pre-order. I prefer Erv's because I'm not locked into a sound set.

Dregan
07-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I prefer Erv's because I'm not locked into a sound set.

+1

Lord Maul
07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
if you missed out on the pre order, you'll be out of luck until ultra makes another run. he's sold out right now

i got one on the pre order myself :D

vortextwist
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll get one when he has more in, unless I get enough money to get erv's before ultra's next run is out.

goldsaberwarrior
07-06-2007, 08:29 PM
looks like I'm not the only guy who wants one. Wish I knew when ultra was gonna have more. I need 2 for my guardian, 2 for my vanquisher, and 1 for each of the 2 single hilts I'm gonna work on. Which reminds me. Will I have to mount this to one of corbin's drivers or will it matter?

vortextwist
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
no you won't, it's a soundboard and led driver.

Novastar
07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
goldsaber... also, I'm under the impression that the boards are still not out of the factory... yet. So... patience... :)

Alex has worked pretty hard to get these things designed, but a small run of <1000 boards for a PCB company is usually not top priority. Plus, apparently there was some PCB flaw that affected the final design, but not the prototype, so it wasn't "caught" early on. Bummer... but all in good time things will work out I imagine.

goldsaberwarrior
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm in no hurry I just wondering if they had made any progress, if anyone else was gonna use any, and if tim knew anything else.

Treadingwolf
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
I have like some others pre-ordered 2 also. I can't wait hehe

Novastar
07-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Just to echo what we're hearing... sounds as if Alex will be shipping the sound driver boards on Monday the 23rd? Oh, capital!!! :)

I could be wrong, but just trying to keep people in the loop...

goldsaberwarrior
07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I wonder who doesn't use sound in their sabers.

Novastar
07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I have several that do not have sound, and in fact, only ONE of the sabers in BOP II actually produced sound. :)

Except for one performance, where we used the Flange v3 "good guy" saber... which made it only TWO sound-driving sabers.

BOP I had about 4 or 5 sabers (half) that were sound capable.

Darth Morbius
07-26-2007, 12:58 AM
8) Preordered mine already.

Although it's going in one of Ultra's Overlords.

I'll be using Erv's boards more now that I have seen the features on them. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-04-2007, 12:53 AM
totally missed out on the preorder, and hope there will be one leftover as Tim said. i need 1 for postively sure, but i would like 2. but i will settle on the one .

hope more gets made.

Madcow
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna wait till some reviews come in.
At this point, I'd pay extra for Erv's.

I'm especiall interested to read posts form those who have both systems.

MC

Novastar
08-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I will obviously make a video with the Ultra board I receive, and simply show people how it works and let them decide for themselves compared to my v1.2 Plecter boards.

Ultra said himself--only thing better is a Plecter... and also, it DOES sound like another run will be made, so don't despair if you didn't order one.

vortextwist
08-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I wander if the next run of them will be the same price? Wander if he will have more made up in the next run.

goldsaberwarrior
08-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Hope he does make more. Missed the pre order and I have to have at least 2. Would like more but at the moment I would pay more to get 2 erv's (now that mom will let me order out of the country) but would like the ultras.

vortextwist
08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
well I have my buttered toast coming so I can wait for ultras and see some reviews.

goldsaberwarrior
08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Why does he call it buttered toast.

Novastar
08-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Knowing Alex, the price will likely remain the same, which is a good thing!

As to "buttered toast", it's sort of an inside joke that had to do with "Toast", which was/is a CD/DVD burning/authoring program... and also has to do with that whole "greatest thing since sliced bread" concept. Thus (in a nutshell)... what's better than sliced bread? Toast? What's better than toast? BUTTERED toast.

Personally, I want to see more code names on it, heheh. Per each version?? :D

Back to Ultraboards--looking forward to seeing mine... it's on the way.

Firebird21
08-05-2007, 10:15 AM
...As to "buttered toast", it's sort of an inside joke that had to do with "Toast", which was/is a CD/DVD burning/authoring program... and also has to do with that whole "greatest thing since sliced bread" concept. Thus (in a nutshell)... what's better than sliced bread? Toast? What's better than toast? BUTTERED toast.

Sorry Novastar... That's not the origin of the nickname...

This is the origin...
I was being a whiny little B*&% one day and at one point I said…

…I want decent sound for my saber, but I don't want it to cost just as much as it. That statement does not include those really neat set-ups that are wireless and butter your toast in the morning...
(refering to Erv's board)

And xwing replied…

...I agree. I think Ultra's may bridge that gap. Probably won't have all the features of Erv's, but at least equal an MR on quality. I still like some of the stuff I can do with a hasbro though, and if I want Erv's can butter my toast in the morning. :D…

And Buttered Toast was born! :wink:

If you want to read the whole thing here’s the link…
Custom (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45)

xwingband
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
lol, I remember that. Ultra's has a funny nickname it got at the fx-sabers forum.

They call it S.T.E.V.E. exactly what the acronym was for I can't remember and am too lazy to look up. It came under equally silly conditions though.

Novastar
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh ok, cool!

Weird, Erv told me a bit of a different story on it, but hey--there ya go. Silly code names. :)

I believe the next soundboard should be called "Englebert" ;)

Lord Maul
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
lol, I remember that. Ultra's has a funny nickname it got at the fx-sabers forum.

They call it S.T.E.V.E. exactly what the acronym was for I can't remember and am too lazy to look up. It came under equally silly conditions though.

Ultra was joking around about what to name it, and was like "let's call it STEVE!". then yoda came and made up the Sound Transfering E.. V.. E...(forget the last three letters)

Kyp Durron
08-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Since my MHS based Obi-Wan styled saber (Built by JudgeSaberSmith and powered by Erv's V2.1) is shipping out today, and Yoda should have my Luke ESB Graflex saber ready in another couple of weeks, I will soon have both Ultrasound and Erv's V2.1 to compare. :wink:

I can't wait to see how the sound and blade flicker effects stack up to one another! 8)

-Kyp

killphil
08-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Ultra was joking around about what to name it, and was like "let's call it STEVE!". then yoda came and made up the Sound Transfering E.. V.. E...(forget the last three letters)

a Sound Transfering Electronic Velocity Effects system-S.T.E.V.E.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-08-2007, 12:48 AM
if only the listing for ultra boards had come on friday, i could of jumped all over the 1 i need now, darn!