PDA

View Full Version : Qui-Gon Covertech

Madcow
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Looking for some help...
I'm researching every little detail of the Qui-Gon Jinn saber so I can finish it.
There seems to be some disagreement about where to place the covertech button...
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/rpetkau/Qui%20gon/covtechposition.jpg

Any insights?

MC

Hasid Lafre
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I agree with my brothers comment.

He says that to go with the mr and the prop ones cause maybe thats what larbel and parks did to make them not so accurate to get away with making them.

Jedi Ranger
07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I would go with centred, because it LOOKS way better. That's the only thing that really bugs me about my Parks Qui-Gon (as shown above ;) ), is the off-centre covertec.

*LOL* And it appears that my photo is also the best quality! :P

Rob, let me know if you want a different angle or closer shot.

Madcow
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the pics JR (including the Parks one above). And the input! It was you who pushed me to go back to the drawing board and find a way to integrate sound into my design.

MC

xwingband
07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I read the ASAP thread... man, I remember when that place was IT. Tons of top people talking it out in there.

I'd say there is TWO heros. One with the retarded placement and one not. The Visual dictionary for EP1 is obviously off.

I also trust MR that they had access to a hero. They made it centered and many who saw the hero in exhibits say it's centered.

So... it's a choice. Personally and aesthetically I'd go centered. I understand some of the wonkyness of these real world props is desirable, but that is not one of the details I'd want to reproduce.

Madcow
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys,
That helps confirm my gut feeling. I wanted to center the button all along.

Look for the results in about 2 weeks! I'm awaiting a package from France, and then it's a couple solder joints and a week for the paint to cure properly... that's it!

Cheers,
MC

Jedi-Loreen
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Who-Hoo! Can't want to see this saber completed, MC! :D