PDA

View Full Version : LED is Dimming!! Which wire gauge type for Lux III? Help!!!

Darkenism
07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok so i wired my battery pack in my LUX III Green LED hilt too short... I couldnt put new batteries in ...and i went back to add some wire in the length and my LED looks way dimmer. So then I took the extra wire back out and the LED is still dim.... i tried new batteries and its still dim. Which wire gauge is best? could I have messed up my LED somehow? Could it be the switch going bad?

Please Help ASAP!!!

Thanks!

Madcow
07-01-2007, 08:19 PM
My first guess is you have a bad connection somewhere. Maybe a bad solder joint or a weak spot on your battery pack.
Second idea - "new" batteries are not always new. Do you have a multitester - or another way of testing them?

MC

Jedi Ranger
07-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Regarding the wire - the thicker the better.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-02-2007, 01:37 AM
i usually get a multi color roll from radio shack in the 21 to 22 guage sizes.

works pretty well for sabers. i havent had a single issue using it on any of mine.

i use it for the led, wire connections to run down to make the joint connection to the hasbro, or MR boards.

Novastar
07-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Regarding the wire - the thicker the better.This is not always the case, considering that too thick of wire will more negatively effect the resistance, can also prevent you from being able to "fit" wire ends into corresponding holes for items (such as switch leads, PCB holes such as on Corbin's board, Erv's), and sometimes thicker wires take up or bind up precious needed room.

You do not want super thin wiring, but you don't want coaxial cable either! :)

Hasid Lafre
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I would say wire the size of say speaker wires the gold and silver ones.

But the wire thats ment for small eletronics.