PDA

View Full Version : O-ring question

Jedi Master Taka
06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
I just got a new LED converted MR Darth Maul, and was thinking of adding a few O-rings to the handles to give them a more personal touch. Would any one happen to know if the 1-3/16" ID O-ring sold on the site would fit it? And if not, what size would?

Thanks in advance.

JMT

Jedi Ranger
06-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Why don't you just measure your hilt?

Barmic Rin
06-30-2007, 05:40 AM
I believe they should, even if you stretch them abit.

Tim, any chance of other colours for the o-rings? Maybe a nice blue?

vortextwist
06-30-2007, 06:50 AM
i think they should, I got mine from work and added them.

Steeljack
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I just got a new LED converted MR Darth Maul, and was thinking of adding a few O-rings to the handles to give them a more personal touch. Would any one happen to know if the 1-3/16" ID O-ring sold on the site would fit it? And if not, what size would?

I'm assuming that we're talking about the banded section between the switches, where one O-ring already sits in the groove closest to the inert red switch.

I just tried it, and while a 1 3/16" O-ring does sort of fit, it's a bit of a stretch, with the result that the added O-ring is visibly thinner than the stock one.

My caliper says that the diameter of the hilt grooves is 1 3/8", so I'd head down to my local hardware store's plumbing department and see if I could scare up something with matching specifications. (While I've got the caliper out, the width of the grooves is 1/8", so an O-ring close to that in thickness would be ideal.)

vortextwist
06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
mine were a little thick so I just mashed them in there, I even added them to the emitter rings.

Jedi Master Taka
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I just got back from picking them up at the store and they worked great! Thanks for all the help. I tried to post a message saying thanks before but all I got a message saying unauthorized word or something. Considering I wasn't swearing. I’m not sure what the problem was. Anyway, thanks again for all the help and measurements.

JMT

vortextwist
07-03-2007, 01:41 AM
I just got back from picking them up at the store and they worked great! Thanks for all the help. I tried to post a message saying thanks before but all I got a message saying unauthorized word or something. Considering I wasn't swearing. I’m not sure what the problem was. Anyway, thanks again for all the help and measurements.

JMT

yea, everyone's account was like that, Tim fixed it right up.