PDA

View Full Version : getting the pin out a 05 vader

37H4N
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm having trouble getting the pin out of my 05 fx vader. Any tips on how to do so? In the tutorial Tim says it may be hard to do without damaging the pin, but I say its just plain hard to do. :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
i made up a rig from a small C-clamp. one end has to go in on the head side in the recess hole. and the other has to clamp down on each side of the pin on the washer. once you squeeze it just a lil bit, the lil ting retaining pin comes right out.

hardest part is being careful not to scratch up the black paint on the housing.

Lord Maul
06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
i haven't ever been able to get one out, in all two vaders i've disassembled.

first i was pulling on it, then i pulled out the
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/BFH9000.jpg

then i just cut the little thing off, cause i was angry with it.

vortextwist
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
if you turn the pin so it's running lengthwise with the saber some of the tension will be released. The best way I found to put it back in is, get it started from the outside then spin the pin so you have to push it the rest of the way.

37H4N
07-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry I haven't replied yet. One side of the pin is now flat, due to gripping it with pliers trying to rip the thing out. So no I think I'll cut it off, cause me, DACOTA, and my dad couldn't full it out. I will be able to do a successful conversion without the pin right?

LAN-ED-TUL
07-28-2007, 01:20 AM
youll have to make a new one to replace it, as without it, the whole assembly wont stay together, the activator part is what i refer to.

you should be able to punch the lil pin the rest of the way out once the main pin is out. but like i said, youll need a replacement to reassemble it correctly.

that lil pin holds the main pin and the main pin, hold the activator assembly together.

Hasid Lafre
07-28-2007, 08:16 AM
It will only come on one side. if your having problems getting the pin out turn the pin around and then try taking it out.

37H4N
07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Hmm. Ok will do. I'll letyou guys know if I have any more problems/questions.