PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on conversions

acemillion
06-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello, I have two mr sabers (vader and anakin) which I would like to remove the blade for filming. I honestly don't have the money for the conversion kits and but would still like to use the blade as a reference during action scenes.

My question is, is there a way which I can remove the blade for both sabers, and then easily re-attach them. The blades don't even have to be mr stock blades. I wouldn't mind if they were wooden.

I've seen the conversion for the anakin in other threads, and I noticed that the saber is attached to the small chrome piece from the hilt. Is this permanently attached to this small piece.

Sorry for the long posting, but any comment/suggestions would be appreciated.

-am

xwingband
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
You can go through the conversion process and once you pull the blade out reassemble without it. All of the blades are attached in a secure fashion, but once the pins are out they are free to move.

You said you are okay with wood so that's what I'd do. Get 1" wood dowels. You will have to sand them to fit, but it should do okay.

acemillion
06-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Great that's what I wanted to know. I've used wooden sticks before during practice and wanted to utilize the hilt as an added effect.

Any suggestions on keeping the wood in place? tape? pins?

xwingband
06-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Same as conversions and normal blades... drill and tap for a screw.

acemillion
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks. Actually I didn't have to drill a tap for the screw. I thought about it and I'm just going to use the stock blades from MR. Works great though. I'm now able to remove the blade with just a screwdriver.

I do have another question though and I'll look through the boards, but is there a belt attachment for the vader hilt?

Hasid Lafre
07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Look for a dring clip. if it was a covertec knob you can get the clips in the store.

acemillion
07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
there wasnt one on the vader, only the anakin. Any ideas were I can get the covertech knob for a good price?

Jay-gon Jinn
07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
This place has them at a fair price:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-568-7-covertec-clip.aspx

vortextwist
07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
I think he's talking about the knob, Jay. shoot me a pm I have like 6 lyin around, i'll mail one for nothin.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Ahh, I see. I have a few I don't need also, since I replaced them all with machined ones.

Lord Maul
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
the clip comes with a knob, so you're set if you buy the one in the store

acemillion
07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the help.

Has anyone had any experiances with clips other than the convertec one?

supertrogdor
07-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Try and remember that this is a forum attatched to a store, posting "hey i can get product X that they sell here cheaper somewhere else" is inconsiderate of the Store owner, and most of the loyal customers take offense as well. If it is a unique item that is not sold here... well still best to seek permission to avoid stepping on any toes but with the go ahead from the master, by all means post away.

acemillion
07-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Sorrry about that. I guess I didnt think about it. It was more of a question of if anyone had used that type of clip before.