PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Springloaded boards

TD-2272
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Has anyone used one yet to power there lux 3 leds. I'm only asking is that the walmart near me has them on clearence for half the price. Since transformers took over the toy section. all star wars items took a back seat.

pockets
06-28-2007, 12:07 PM
i use one for my K2, but they dont supply enough juice to power our LEDs you have to run them on 2 switches, or a single DPDT. but if you go DPDT you need corbins mom driver because the hasbro boards use mom switches

Novastar
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
You might want to tell him "momentary" in case he doesn't know. He's posted once. For all we know, he's an expert, but still. :)

pockets
06-29-2007, 04:51 AM
good point. the mom switch is a momentary. Also a DPDT means double pull double throw, essentially a single switch that acts as two switches so when you press it, two things happen.

the reason you'd need to use corbins driver for that set up with hasbro sound is because if you resistor wired the LED to the switch the light would only be on as long as you were holding down the button. Corbins board would take that momentary signal and then drive your LED from there.

TD-2272
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Guys I'm by no means a pro. One other ? Whats the diff between a latching and mon. switch I'm so green. also could i take the sound from a hasbro and put it with a buck puck?

Jay-gon Jinn
07-02-2007, 08:53 PM
A latching switch clicks on and stays on and goes off by clicking it again. A momentary is only on temporarily while holding it down.

TD-2272
07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Ahhh OK!

Victor Marklar
07-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I am trying to wire a spring-loaded Vader board to a green Lux III. Last night I twisted some wires together, taped others, and test clipped the rest together to see if I could make it work. The Vader board did give sound and powered the green LED I bought from Tim. I know it worked because I happened to be looking directly *at* the LED when I applied power.

*Ouch!*

Can't do anything about the blinking when powering up, down, or clash. Now I have to get someone to teach me how to solder and then I'll have to figure out how to get the whole kludge into my Schedule 40 aluminum pipe hilt. I'll post pics when I figure it out.

Ambo
07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
HEHEHEHEHEH...brings back memories man...don’t worry bout the blinding thing....(as long as you didn’t REALLY blind yourself) you learned from the experience....I am sure most of us have experienced something along those lines....to this day I accidentally flash myself now and then.....

Er Dan Gill
07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
When I was doing the coversion on my MR Obi Wan, it was 1:00 in the morning as quiet as can be. I had everything some what together to test it, well the switch was in the on position when I attached the leads, scared me so bad I almost fell out of my chair.

Novastar
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
lol! :)

vortextwist
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
that's a good one :lol: