PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with FX Luke Ep VI conversion?

nocturne
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
[Edited to correct Bloody stupid Typo - thanks for pointing it out Lord Maul]
Hi all.
I picked up a battered FX Luke Ep VI (RotJ) saber that I want to convert to a Luxeon set up.

When I say battered I mean the LEDs don't work, the pommel cap is missing, the blade is cracked.

I'm looking at taking everything out and starting with just a hilt.
BUT where can I get something that'll screw onto the pomel thread?

(I'm hoping TCSS will have the bits I need - I'm a fan of one-stop shopping)

thanks

Lord Maul
06-28-2007, 09:32 AM
the luke ep. IV or V?
there aren't many IVs out there beat up yet since they were just released.

assuming you have the esb version, you'll want to talk to tim regarding some custom machining for a blade holder and possibly even a pommel.

nocturne
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Typo sorry VI (RotJ)

DACOTA
06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Return of the Jedi? Well Tim does not have holders for those yet but ultrasabers does.I dont know when tim will but,yeah.

Steeljack
06-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Return of the Jedi? Well Tim does not have holders for those yet but ultrasabers does.I dont know when tim will but,yeah.

While it's true that Tim doesn't have holders designed for the ROTJ Luke specifically, it's also the case that the Maul blade holder fits snugly and securely inside the ROTJ Luke neck. The trick is keeping it from getting pushed deeper into the hilt, since there's nothing in the hilt per se to retain it.

I think that the general consensus is that the blade retention screw is up to the task, provided you're not going to subject it to extreme dueling. (If in doubt, you could always install two retention screws.)

Lord Maul
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Typo sorry VI (RotJ)

okay, then ignore my last post, i wasn't addressing the right saber.

get the maul kit sold here, that works fine in the luke. then follow my tutorial for disassembling it in the Tutorial Writers thread. Wire the conversion like you would any other one, and you'll be set.

vortextwist
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Typo sorry VI (RotJ)
. Wire the conversion like you would any other one, and you'll be set.

no not really the luke is diff then the others

Lord Maul
06-28-2007, 03:35 PM
how so? the only difference is that the shock sensor isn't on the white clip thing, so that part is cut out of the equation of soldered wires.

this is what the wiring should look like.
http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/05mace/mace37.jpg

vortextwist
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
exactly the purple and blue is pos on the rest not brown

nocturne
07-02-2007, 05:12 AM
OK, so Maul kit from TCSS (great! :D )

How about the pommel? As I said in my initial post. the pommel is absent.
Any idea where I can get something that will adequately replace it?

Hasid Lafre
07-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Soemone around here might have one they would be willing to sell.

As for a previous mention the maul kit in the luke you need something to keep the maul kit from falling out of the hilt so what you should do is get a couple of small button head screws and use them to keep the conversion kit in place.

That way if you lose your blade retention screw then you dont have to worry of it all falling out on ya.

Are you going with a basic resistor saber?

If so then there might be room for a 5W setup. anyone else want to chime in on that possability of that?

nocturne
07-03-2007, 03:21 AM
It's my first attempt so, yeah I was gonna keep it simple and make it a basic resistor saber, then maybe upgrade to a board driven one later on if funding allows (would a driver board fit in the MR hilts - It doesn't look big enough to take much in there?)

vortextwist
07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
well obviously the mr ones will fit and I just tried corbins in there and fits all the way to the small part. should work great.

nocturne
07-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Cool thanks :D

Hasid Lafre
07-11-2007, 05:13 PM
But the driver was sanded down on the sides to fit in the mhs.