PDA

View Full Version : i need help, regarding K2, lux3, lux5 WHITE led

lovemetal626
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
hi, im still very skeptical about getting a White LED

how good do they look? in both light and darkness? and are lee filters still the best filters out there?

how do i get lee filters? i sent a request to leefilters but they didnt send me anything except a catalog

and which one of the three will get the best results? k2, lux3, or lux5?

i was once told that k2 with a relay is brighter than both the lux3 and lux5 is this true?

thanks any info is much appreciated :)

987654321a
06-25-2007, 11:05 PM
just thought i would compare all of them since i have used all of them

Lux O = very very dim (stay away lol)
Lux 3w = Pretty bright
Lux 5w = $15 bucks for an led? heck no!. and plus it puts out more heat.
Lux K2 = Best bang for your buck. runs at cool tempratures, while a little brighter than a 5w. only setback for k2's are the darn, jelly type domes. dont squeeze them too hard or they will break on you.

Now for your question about their apearance during light and darkness. Light = basically you cant see the saber on (depending on the weather)
Darkness = Lights up a whole room (k2, lux5, and lux3, not the luxO)

Lee Filters unfortunately stopped giving away swatchbooks for some reason. the regular filters you can buy in the shop are fine for now but not as good as the lee filters.

a K2 with a relay is generally used with Master Replica Soundboards.

Jedi-Loreen
06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Lee Filters unfortunately stopped giving away swatchbooks for some reason. the regular filters you can buy in the shop are fine for now but not as good as the lee filters.

Bummer for the new people. :(

Glad I got mine last year. :)

djbordie
06-26-2007, 05:26 AM
NO NO NO, heres the catch yall

goto lee filters canada, they sent me samples next day, was mad happy...

now if i could get my ultrasound order which has my white k2 with it, my MR MAce is all converted i just need to mount the led...

try out lee filters USA and then look for the canadian supplier....they were more than happy to send a swatch book.

what colour you want lovemetal?

Marsupial
06-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Lux 5w = $15 bucks for an led? heck no!.

Hehe... that's what we used to pay Star/O when we started to build luxeon sabers...

Bordie: lucky you. I still can't manage to get lee filters here in Montreal.

djbordie
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
oh really?
did you try the canadian supplier list for lee filters USA?

there was a few names you can contact, and the first one i tried, first person i spoke to was like "ok mailing address, i will ship em today" lol

Marsupial
06-26-2007, 12:04 PM
when I contacted Lee Filters USA, they forwarded me to Lee Filters Canada.

They, on their turn, forwarded me to *the* montreal supplier.

the montreal supplier doesn't return my emails.

I'm moving in 4 days, I'll see what I can do after that.

djbordie
06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
where to?

987654321a
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Lux 5w = $15 bucks for an led? heck no!.

Hehe... that's what we used to pay Star/O when we started to build luxeon sabers...

Bordie: lucky you. I still can't manage to get lee filters here in Montreal.

pretty soon you will see the 5w's going down to like 6 bucks.

then the K3's will come out. the power of a 10w but cooler than a star O :shock:

Hasid Lafre
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
A 10W led that runs on 6V would be very ideal I think.

Considering I think the k2 is like a 4W led.

lovemetal626
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
thank you all for the responses and very helpful info.

i guess im going with k2 luxeon then. and ill try canada leefilters.

so if i convert my MACE i have to use a relay right?

im hoping to turn my MACE to a K2 lux with ultras blade and lee filters. well all this happens when i get more money. hopefully its soon :(

agian thank you all for the responses and you guys are very kind and helpful, thank you. :D

djbordie
06-27-2007, 05:42 AM
some have luck with the relay, i said screw it...apparently it is not a very good way to go for reliability.

ive seen some impressive mr mace conversions with just Lee Filter # 328 & a k2...no relay.
it looks 10 times better than the stock mr setup.

Hasid Lafre
06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
the k2 will be fine without the relay. IMO the relay is more of a headach than its worth.

Dregan
06-27-2007, 09:13 AM
since you're talking about white LED's, you'd be remiss not to also consider wither the Seoul or Cree, both of which get you into the 100+ lumen range, but at 350/700 mAh, not the 1500 that the K2 sucks up. Also, if you want the absolute best, go with the Atlas - a little different than a star, but easily adaptable. I think X-Wing has a saber that he made out of one, and I've played around with them as well. Definately the most bang for you buck there.

supertrogdor
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
DoClo posted one a few months ago, and i have 2 that i am working on at the moment with Atlas LEDs, pics soon to come