PDA

View Full Version : CE Qui-Gon mod?

Kurosawa
06-22-2007, 03:13 AM
this might be a stupid question, but is it possible to take a MR CE Qui-Gon hilt and mod it to hold blade? Not necessarily a LED or EL blade, but perhaps an acrylic blade? does the emitter and saber body lend themselves to modification of this type via machining etc? As i understand it, corgi lost the Star Wars License, so the way i figure it, a qui-gon FX is never gonna happen, and the EL versions of this saber are harder to come by and getting more expensive so maybe this is an alternative?

LAN-ED-TUL
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
FYI, Corgi didnt lose the license, they decided NOT to pick it up, so they dropped out.

Lord Maul
06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
you could do that, but it would need to be machined out to work

vortextwist
06-22-2007, 06:02 PM
and maybe more trouble then it's worth. you figure you can pic an el one for about 400 or cheaper, isn't the ce or whatever a couple hundred anyhow? then the cost of machineing (unless you can do it).

Kurosawa
06-23-2007, 01:36 AM
the CE's are actually going for about 100 bucks a piece on e-bay. the CE's i think have a resin body with aluminum emitter, but either way, machining it does sound like a lot of trouble.

vortextwist
06-23-2007, 03:41 AM
that sucks. I thought they were all metal.

Kurosawa
06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
The LE (limited Editions) and SE (signature editions) are made all out of metal if im not mistaken, but the CE (collector's edition) Qui-Gon is made primarily of resin according to Master Replicas so as it can be more affordable.

Madcow
06-23-2007, 12:09 PM
If the CE is made from Acetal or Delrin (rather than resin) - it may be easy to machine a blade socket in it. Is there any obvious way to take yours apart safely and post some pics?

MC

xwingband
06-23-2007, 10:00 PM
The CE Qui-gon is die-cast metal.

That is what killed the CE line. It was TOO GOOD next to an LE. The die-cast was actually heavier and the difference was a polished sleeve.

If you could figure out how to not mar the saber I'm sure it could be bored out.

Kurosawa
06-24-2007, 03:13 AM
the CE is die cast metal?! places like bigbadtoystore.com (and others) said that it was made of cast resin and then had an aluminum sleeve...that being the case, i cant really complain about a $130 price tag can i? and here i thought that the bloody thing was resin...well, looks like that is my nxt saber purchase....thanks alot for correcting my faulty knowlege, much appreciated.

Madcow
06-24-2007, 07:57 AM
I swear I saw one on ebay that was delrin. I think it was some guy who made a bunch to sell. If I remember - the price was steep.

MC

DarthPhineas
06-27-2007, 08:55 AM
When these were just coming out, the dealer I use said these were solid. He indicated MR didn't want to be too public about that info as to not upset the EE and LE collectors that pay so much more for the identical quality.