PDA

View Full Version : I am Darth Caedus...

SilentBob501
06-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Or at least I will be when I finish my costume. But I need some help.

In case you are not familiar with the new book series "Legacy of the Force" I am referring to the newest Sith Lord. His outfit, from what i can garnish off the novels is military based. He's the leader and Col. of the Galactic Alliance Guard. From the descriptions it sounds basically like what Luke wears in his face off with Vader at the end of "Return of the Jedi" only with vader-style gloves, and a cape.

This is basically what I was thinking...
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/semmerman/DarthCaedus.jpg

Heres a sad coloring effort from ms paint...
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/semmerman/Caeduspaint.jpg

The color of the whole costume is supposed to be black, i used lighter shades to color it to keep the detail. My biggest problem is his arm patch, It needs to be a GAG logo patch. However, no pictures of this symbol exist. So Im not sure what im gonna do. If anyone here is a fan of the series (and a decent graphic designer) and is feeling ambitious, feel free to come up with designs.

I'll also take any other suggestions you might have.

Hasid Lafre
06-21-2007, 05:03 PM
It looks just like an imperial officer type.

Jetsi
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
With a better non-1970's haircut :lol: .

Barmic Rin
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
I thought it was a mix of new republic/rebel alliance & imperial remnant.

Shin`ichi
07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Feel free to use the design I came up with.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s130/Destrucxion/GAGRed.jpg

Hasid Lafre
07-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Thats pritty sweet looking.

SilentBob501
07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
That is cool, I didnt even think of using aurebesh. All my designs have been in english, lol.

I found some more pictures of a theorized outfit though.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/semmerman/Caeduesmara1.jpg

Hasid Lafre
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Most deffinatly a han style belt.

The rest of the costume looks like a black imperial officer style.

Ashron
12-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I found this on Flagshipeclipse posted by Darth Caedus. It is a scan from Jedi vs Sith, the costume seems to come close to the covers. I am also working on a Caedus costume, so this is a big help.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/semmerman/ceadusbig.jpg

Darth Zecks
12-28-2007, 01:27 AM
I am reading that series and I know who Darth Caedus used to be. I won't say who that is as not to ruin it for anyone. I think the costume is great. As far as the GAG patch I think the writing should be in galactic standard. The design that Shin 'ichi came up with looks good but isn't the new galactic alliance simbol different? Also maybe use a different shape for the patch since the round thing has been done a lot. Since there really is no data to go by as far as how it looks you can pretty much do what you want. I will go over the books I have and see if there is any reference.

Hasid Lafre
12-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Is it just me or does (the pic above) resemble vader in a way.

The cloak with the tabberd looking things going int eh belt. a chest plate of some sort, the gloves, Hell even his stance reminds me of vader.

Is it possable that evil vaders spirit resides in that body somewhere?

Ashron
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I fully agree. The cloak/robe reminds me of Anakin's in ROTS. The stance is a classic Vader, along with the gloves. I believe the breast plate is over his tunic, the pants and boots from what i can tell look similar to an Imperial Knight. I can't wait to see more pics of him as they are released.

Barmic Rin
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
There's no reference in the books.
I've been looking whilst reading.

Also, isn't that Mara's funeral? I don't remember the chest plate, cool as it is!

Ashron
01-10-2008, 06:45 AM
The only other picture references I have seen is on the covers of the Betrayal and Revelation. There is a brief description of him toward the end of Betrayal, I can’t remember all the details except he had a black and gold lightsaber. I'll have to look back at Betrayal when I get home tonight. The funeral pic seems to match the covers, until more pics come out its mainly speculation. Either way I wanna make the breast plate for a part of a costume. :mrgreen:

djobitwan7
03-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, I happen to have read most (95%) of the Star Wars novels. Caedus...er Jacen wore the Black and a throw back that resembled his grandfather, Vader, so he could throw everyone that knows about the Skywalker history, off of their guard.

There are no picture references simply because it takes place in the novels, which is 2nd (canon I believe it's called) place compared to the other references, which Lucas has complete control over. Lucas says the novels are OK and they are mostly just fillers, where specifics are not necessarily needed, but nice to know.

I love these books, however, and can't wait to see what original costume you have for the final design. Cool either way you think about it.

Reajo_Bykmas
03-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I really have only one question regarding the GA Guard. Does the GA use the same insignia as the Rebellion and New Republic, or did the GA espouse a new symbol? Does anyone know? It would be handy for basing a GAG symbol.

Fredhemm
03-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Dont you people know who Darth Caedus is?:P
SPOILER WARNING AHEAD.... DONT READ IF DONT WANT TO KNOW:

Darth Caedus = Jacen Solo

Rade Valm
03-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Dont you people know who Darth Caedus is?:P

It's already been said in this topic. And why would telling everybody who Darth Caedus really is be a spoiler? :P

DarthFender
03-24-2008, 10:57 AM
What I though was really funny was that even after watching all 6 movies and watchin akakin being put into the DV Suit.... My cousin still didn't realize that Anakin and Darth Vader were the same person, or that Luke was Vader's son, or that The Emperor and Darth Sidius and Palpatine were all the same person.

I asked him "weren't you watching the same movies I was?"
He said "I just liked watching the lightsaber fights."

Kids....

TD-2272
03-24-2008, 11:37 PM
LOL...... who's who again

DARTH KALEL
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
makes sense that he looks and stands like his grandfather. It's only natural, as far as the outfit his breat plate was said to be a cortorsis alloy if I remember right.

Cilipudi
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
SilentBob,

This is topic, but I wonder. I have been searching for a knight to use in photos taken by my students, their parents, and other teachers as they travel around the country and the world. May I use your sketch of Darth Caedus as one of the proposed knights for the knight in our photos? We are a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math/International Baccalaureate magnet middle school in North Carolina. Our mascot is a knight. Because of our focus, mascot, general interests of both my colleagues and students I began looking into Jedis/Siths as possible knights. I really like your sketch. I think it will resonate with the students at my school.

Thanks for your time.

Jay-gon Jinn
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
SilentBob,

This is topic, but I wonder. I have been searching for a knight to use in photos taken by my students, their parents, and other teachers as they travel around the country and the world. May I use your sketch of Darth Caedus as one of the proposed knights for the knight in our photos? We are a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math/International Baccalaureate magnet middle school in North Carolina. Our mascot is a knight. Because of our focus, mascot, general interests of both my colleagues and students I began looking into Jedis/Siths as possible knights. I really like your sketch. I think it will resonate with the students at my school.

Thanks for your time.I hate to inform you of this, but "silentbob501" has not been on the forums here for over three years, while the topic he started here is over 4 years old. Please be aware of the topic's age before posting in it.

Jedi-Loreen
09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Holy necropost, Batman!

And now, I'm closing this thread.

Please heed what Jay-gon said, for future posting.