PDA

View Full Version : Depth of MHS blade holders

Jetsi
06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
How deep are the emitters/blade holders of the MHS LED setups? I am guessing from the descriptions it would be 2.5 inches, but since I haven't held an emitter, heatsink and LED holder in my hands, this is a guess.

The reason I ask is because I want a 32" blade from the emitter, and want to order the closest blade length offered that would give me that.

Strydur
06-21-2007, 03:31 PM
a 34" blade will get you closest to that.

Novastar
06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Jetsi, also... if you change your mind later or have other needs, I recommend getting blades that are slightly longer than your overall needs.

This way, you can cut them down. You can never "add" to a blade, lol... so it's best to overshoot.

Tim also sells a pretty effective blade cutter--I like it, and it allows me to take "standard" blade lengths and fine-tune them to exactly my needs. Sometimes hilt weight plays in very precisely, and a blade will need to be a "weird" length in order for you to feel the best about the overall saber.

Jetsi
06-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys! Blade cutters, huh? I think I will go with a 36" most likely then, as I can mod the length or just go with a slightly longer blade than what I had initially planned.