PDA

View Full Version : ? about Hasbro Sabers

archammer2
01-13-2006, 09:46 AM
This may seem a bit odd, but looking through Tim's shop, I had a thought.

Has anyone out there bought the "Ultimate Lightsaber Kit" that hasbro sells? Where you slide parts onto a generic shaft and use a colored disk for your blade and whatnot?
Could the colored disks for the LED sabers be used in the hasbro toys to give the blades the same colors? I know they'd be pale in comparison, just curious if anyone's tried this or not. (And hoping to shut a freind up about his kit. :P)

*EDIT*

Side note #1 deleted. Poked about the forum and found the answer. ^^;

*END OF EDIT*

Side note #2:
Buying the Hasbro kit is what led me to search the web... which eventually brought me here. :P

UltraSWG
01-13-2006, 09:55 AM
The discs for the LED's are 7/8"
The discs for the Ultimate Saber Kit are 1.5"
Wouldn't work.

Now, if you wanted to make some different colors besides the standard red, green, blue they give you, you can just get some Lee lighting gels. They sell them by the sheet at any camera/lighting shop for cheap.

Heck, you don't even need that, go to a craft store and pick up colored cellaphane for a buck a roll, it'll work too.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
The Holy Luxeon Trinity

archammer2
01-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Eh, I was hoping...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

Heck, you don't even need that, go to a craft store and pick up colored cellaphane for a buck a roll, it'll work too.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

... *slaps forehead* ... Wow...
That was simple!
Thanks for the help, Ultra.